Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Let's Dream about Machines >
  • Let's Dream about Machines

• Let's Dream about Machines

Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 PM

I'm lucky in that I got a Janome 7700 for my birthday 6 months ago but I have always wanted a feather weight and last Saturday I was attending a quilt class and saw an embroidery class in session and got to see what the Janome 12000 can do. I've also seen the sweet sixteen at the shop and wonder what it would be like to own that.
    Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 AM

I would like a new Bernina....love my 20 year old one but it has no extras on it. I don't need a long arm since I am a hand quilter. I would like ONE room so that I didn't have to cut fabric in the dining room, run upstairs to the sewing machine in a spare bedroom, get up from the machine to the next room to press any seam. No wonder I don't get much completed. Maybe I will lose weight like Mitch's Mom---wouldn't ya think???
    Love to actually SEE my small stash---not have to dig through cardboard boxes. I can dream!!!
    Old 02-12-2013, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    I love my Creative Sensation, but I also like the Brother with the camera that magically does whatever seam allowance without YOU having to guide it. So those are my 2 sewing machines. A serger, too. And a Long arm for quilting, plus all the lessons to get proficient on it. I've alread exceeded your 3 wishes, so here are some more. I want my local dealer to go to CT with me when I return in Apri, so I can have him keep my machines in tip-top shape, plus his staff for all the classes they givel. And I want my daughter to live a little closer so I don't have to drive 1-1/2 hours to visit her! Also want my son and his family to live closer so I don't have to get on a plane or drive in DC traffic to visit them.

That just about does it. Now I'm grinning like the Cheshire Cat!
    I would never complain about 1 1/2 hour drive. I live in Michigan and my 2 grandbabies live in Alaska. Our other son lives in Las Vegas. I miss everyone all of the time. I would die for a 1 1/2 hour drive...I would be there EVERY other week to hug those babies and get on the floor to play.
    Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 AM

My Dream Bernina 830, would do everything I want with a 15 " throat, added bonus Embroidry
    Old 03-04-2013, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    I was looking at some quilt pics on line and one had a partial pic of of the machine. I saw the cutest button on the machine. Above the "sliding button" was a picture of a turtle and to the right, a rabbit. I realize this was the speed setting. Just loved that symbol and would like to know what machine uses thatch,Bol. Tanks.
    I believe my Mom has the rabbit/turtle speed slide on her Elna. It's about 27 years old!