Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Like I need a new project! >
  • Like I need a new project!

• Like I need a new project!

Old 03-21-2014, 09:05 AM

Pfft. Amateurs. LOL I kid, I kid. But I seriously have more projects in progress, in waiting and in my project book than ANY quilter should be allowed. My husband long ago quit asking why and just accepts it. LOL
    Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 AM
    Power Poster

I have many projects going as well. But....my sister recently bought a huge kit called Vintage Tin. It has embroidery and patchwork. She wants to make it for her husband, and she has yet to start.
    Old 03-21-2014, 10:00 AM
    Power Poster

You see this as a problem? To me that's perfectly normal around here. While we're not redoing our kitchen, I had 2 consecutive years with surgery that slowed me down; but now I'm starting to make a come back. I must have a gazillion UFO's that I should work on, as well as a dozen or more things I want to me for our DGD Zoe, her birthday is May 18, so I should get going on those; and what am I doing now - working on a BOM from 2006 for which I have no plans. I do hope you have a good and swift recovery from surgery, I know it's no fun; but you need to get better so you can quilt. Best of luck to you.
    Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM

Count me in the club. Have a top done then moved unpacked now working on a hexie quit and now ready to work on the quilt back.
    Old 03-21-2014, 12:16 PM

I'm a beginner of about a year, I still have the very 1st blocks I ever made for my sons quilt, I have the sashing & boarder for it but those are not cut. But I've done 4 baby quilts (not real good) and a pillow case and now a friend wants me to make another baby quilt this one she wants to buy so again son's quilt gets set aside so hopefully I can make a few dollars for my Janome 6600 savings fund. MAYBE then I can get back to my sons quilt. Then it's on the making one for the other 5 kids. So I'm a beginner that's already behind
    Old 03-21-2014, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    I find myself buying more fabric and patterns although I have plenty of both to last me quite a while! It's an addiction
    I agree, I have the addiction. I am doing 3 no, that's 4 projects now. Applique Chicken Table Runner, Surfer Quilt and a Summer Garden Quilt using the tri-recs template thingy/ruler from creative grids and a DP9 patch. Night mare, but I love it, and will probably never change either!
    Old 03-21-2014, 04:52 PM

Yesterday was my 78th birthday. Guess what I gave myself as a present? Material for making 3 more quilts when I have a sewing room filled with patterns and fabrics for making dozens of quilts. At least, I am only behind on quilting 3 quilts on my DSM. I need to live to be 100 to make all the quilts I have planned and I only started quilting 3 years ago. I'd say I am super addicted; but it is so much fun.
    Old 03-21-2014, 11:29 PM

Hexies are fun!

Originally Posted by maminstl
    So I've got about 3 projects right now that I'm working on. Yesterday I was fooling around on the interent and stumbled over this Farmers Wife project, so of course I bought that right away. Then, at home last night out internet was out so I was reading my Precision Piecing book. I've read it before, but it appears as if the blocks in that book are the same size as the Farmers Wife blocks, so I made the first block this morning before work. So, here I am at work now and for the first time, hexies have caught my interest - no idea why, but I've been sitting here cutting out hexi papers and can't wait to get home and give it a try. I'm all over the place right now. I try hard to complete projects, so am hoping this latest obsession doesn't send me right over the edge.
    Old 03-21-2014, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper
    The creative mind becomes easily bored once we have figured out one project. Challenge over with, and so it jumps to finding another project to challenge our thinking process. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
    So well said, Once I figure it out and see the colors together, I am happy.
    Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 PM

Yes, it is normal for me too.
    Originally Posted by crafty pat
    What you are going through now is what I call normal for me. I can't count the unfinished projects I have and I am still buying and starting more. At 75 I just hope I live long enough to finish them all. When we lost my DM I got all her unfinished projects that are still unfinished as she hand quilted and I don't.