Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A little tiny scratch on my new sewing machine. >
  • A little tiny scratch on my new sewing machine.

• A little tiny scratch on my new sewing machine.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 AM

Yep, mine wear a seatbelt also :)
    Old 06-20-2011, 04:06 AM

Hi I put my BabyLock Escape in one of the grocery store baskets and a few of the supplies I need when I take my Baby out. The basket stops the machine from falling over. I tried the seatbelt but found it didn't do much for the protection of the machine. If I take my machine on a road trip I sometimes put her on the floor of the back seat.
    Old 06-20-2011, 04:06 AM

Your right the first scratch or dent is always so hard to accept...been there done that...but after a few days it all goes away
    Old 06-20-2011, 04:20 AM
    Power Poster

The first boo boo is always a bummer. I'm sorry you had it happen to your machine just after you got her. I always buckle my machine in when I travel. I want to protect her but more importantly...I want to protect me! In the case of a traffic accident it could become a missle. I don't want my tombstone to read "taken out by her Singer"! :lol:
    Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 AM

Ohhh, that's a bummer! But you're right, once you get that first ding in it, the worry part is over.

My mom recently bought a brand-new car for the first time in her life. A month later she hit a deer for the first time in her life. :roll: She was ok, but the car needs a facelift now...
    Old 06-20-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by madamepurl
    :-( I'm so angry with myself at this moment. I just got a new Janome 3160 (plastic body with the stitches listed/printed on front), has a plastic case. Well I plan on using her as a travel sewing machine and back up if my Horizon goes into the shop. She sews just awesome though and I've been using her a lot in this past week and a half.

Well, I was so tired after our quilt day that on her first outing I put a scratch on her. I put her in the back of my suv and had to make a sharp turn and over she fell. :-( There is a little scratch on the case that I'm not worried about, but the outside is plastic and I rubbed one of the printed on stitches just a little off on one side. It's so minor that I didn't see it at first, but finally noticed it when I noticed some black inside the case. Purely cosmetic as she works great still - no issues I tested her out, but I'm just bummed. It's like getting a dent on a new car.

This was the big fear I had about taking out my big Horizion. It's heavy and the rolling tote they sent doesn't seem to have hardly any padding in it, which is why I wanted to get the smaller more travel friendly one.

I guess the good thing is I know better now and will pad her up and make sure she is tuck in cozy on the floor behind my seat. My husband said not to worry about it b/c it's a travel machine and things happen when you use items, but I'm still bummed. At least now I don't have to worry about that potential something happening, b/c it did now.

Anyway...thanks for letting me vent. Tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Rose

That is why I buckle my machines with the seatbelt. My DGD laughted at me,etting but it is safer than letting it become a flying object.
    Penny
    Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 AM

So sorry about your scratch. We hook several bungie cords into the handle of my sewing machine case when it travels in our minivan. It stays put. In the very back of the van up on the roof liner is where the cord hooks are put. Hope this might help you in the future. :-D
    Old 06-20-2011, 07:44 AM

I feel your pain. I have a plastic basket in my trunk that sits on a pieceof the non-slip rubber "stuff". It keeps my machine upright. I got the basket at Wal-Mart :thumbup:
    Old 06-20-2011, 07:58 AM

I think everyone should put just a teeny tiny scratch on anything new ... you know its going to come ... am I crazy or what?
    Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 AM

I had 2 new puppies and new furniture and rug (duh) ... well guess what ... mess on rugs and furniture legs chewed ... new convertible (duh again) I was so nervous about not scratching that hand slipped from grocery cart and ... into the side of the car the grocery cart rolled ... and on and on ... sooooo I just try not to worry about scratches...dont waste your time...