Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A little tiny scratch on my new sewing machine. >
  • A little tiny scratch on my new sewing machine.

• A little tiny scratch on my new sewing machine.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Carron
    My daughter was in her new car and some women ran a red light and of course creamed my daughter's car. Much more than a scratch.

And what do you think were my daughter's first words right after the Firemen pried her out of the mangled mess..."Oh no, I broke a nail!"

She was a bit bruised and battered and alive, but the car died along with the finger nail on that day.

At least your machine still operates and now that the first scratch has made it appearencs you can relax and enjoy your sewing maching. I am glad it was not worse.
    Goodness. I'm so glad you're daughter is ok.
    Old 06-20-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tootsie
    Well, maybe it's my eyes, but I can't see much wrong in the pics. And if it's stitch 59 poking out a bit, just call it a sunburst!
    Thanks! I appreciate it. That's why I wanted to post it's just not that bad, and I'm glad you said it.
    Old 06-20-2011, 03:08 PM

Rose,
    If your machine has a cover and a handle might I suggest putting the machine on the seat of your car and then seat belt it in.
    My sewing machine guy told me that and believe me it does work.
    I took my Viking Designer Diamond to be cleaned and normally world put it in the back of my Suburban.
    Well, when he took it out to the care he said my dorm of transport was all wrong and suggested the seat belt.
    It sure saved my as I had to stop quickly and the machine stayed nice and snug in the seat.
    It surely would have ended up damaged if I had transported it home my way
    Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by deenatoo
    I went out of town about 2 weeks after I bought my Explorer, had not even paid a payment on it and some fool talking on a cell phone ran into the back of me at a light. I was soooo upset. More about the vehicle than me. So I know how you feel.
    Thanks... I can't believe it - two weeks? These cell phones... grrr.. I just can't get over how people think they can drive and have them glued to their head - or the texting today. Texting while driving is bad news.
    Old 06-20-2011, 05:47 PM

I always use the seatbelt too.
    Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 PM

My machine goes in the floor behind the drivers seat or strapped into a seat with a seat belt.

Fortunately for you, it's only a scratch. Just think what could happen if a heavy machine were in the back in an accident. He/She could be thrown out your front windshield! (At least that's what they say about two-legged passengers and 4-legged furballs!
    Old 06-20-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
    My machine goes in the floor behind the drivers seat or strapped into a seat with a seat belt.

Fortunately for you, it's only a scratch. Just think what could happen if a heavy machine were in the back in an accident. He/She could be thrown out your front windshield! (At least that's what they say about two-legged passengers and 4-legged furballs!
    So true - as another person put it "death by sewing machine" would not be great on a tombstone.
    Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110
    She should have worn a seatbelt
    I always seat belt my machines, or cases with machines in
    them. it is not safe to chance an object that heavy flying around in your car from even a small, fast stop.
    like a new car---after the first scratch, the rest don't hurt as much.
    Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 PM

Sorry for your mishap. I had a similar thing happen to me too except did not get scratches on my machine. I now put my machine in a soft, rolling case (purchased at Hancock's with a coupon) and then into a shallow Rubbermaid tub that is about 10 inches tall, and then into the back end of my Yukon XL. It doesn't move back there. You might try this. Hope it works for you. LOL
    Old 06-22-2011, 09:13 AM

LOL....and i thought i was the only ones using seatbelt on mine! I had brought a big, cabinet model 66 singer from a thrift store and buckled it in and the employee thought i was funny! Trying to manuver that cumbersome thing in back seat and adjusting it to stay there!! And when i had my new car....had it less than a wk and was broadsided (almost totally it) bringing my husband some asprin to work, ending up i needed that asprin after that! LOL