Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Long-Armer Ruined my Quilt -- What to do? >
  • Long-Armer Ruined my Quilt -- What to do?

• Long-Armer Ruined my Quilt -- What to do?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The LA was given the chance to work out a solution with the customer and she refused. If she's too ignorant to know that one unsatisfied customer means loss of future business then why be concerned for her if she does lose business.
    There's a difference between taking your business elsewhere and *intentionally* setting out to put sombody out of business because they made one mistake and didn't do whatever you deem necessary to fix it.
    I agree! I don't think its right that the LA quilter has responded to her email about the hole and possibly repairing it. Even if she didn't make the hole, she's still not responding to a customer's concerns and she may be ignoring her completely.

But intentionally setting out to destroy her business over it? Kind of overkill if you ask me. Its my understanding that a good sized quilt costs quite a bit of money to get LA quilted no matter who you go to. She doesn't need to be sued for every penny she has to ruin her business because if she keeps this up she'll destroy it on her own by creating a bad reputation and unsatisfied customers.

So relax people. It is unfortunate that the quiilt came back with a hole in it and the LA quilter hasn't really responded to the issue, but there is no need to put this woman's head on a platter over it. She isn't the only LA quilter in the world. I'd just go someplace else and have my work done there. Isn't it enough that this LA quilter will be out one customer as well as decent chunk of money to work on future quilts?
    Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM
    Power Poster

I know how I would feel if it was my quilt and my money spent and the person would not even have enough concern to discuss with me how or when the damage could have occurred. Darn right I'd be shouting to the rooftops if I was dismissed with a so what if I didn't pay enough attention to my work to notice any damage done before or after I got it and it's just a little damage, who cares about that. She'd know very fast that I sure care.
    Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
    Power Poster

By the sounds of it, I don't think your quilt is "ruined". I can see where you are greatly disappointed that there is a hole in the border but it sounds like it can be repaired. I would be very upset if this happened to me but I would do my best to repair the hole and chalk it up to experience.

If the LA has not responded to you chances are you will not hear further from her and really the only true recourse you have is to not use this person again in the future. Perhaps she legitimately believes she did not do it and is not responsible.

I would not hesitate to tell friends what happened to you with this particular LA quilter and I would most definitely let whomever recommended her to you know about it as well. I would not post her name or business name on the internet, nor would I go out to try and ruin her business over a mistake like this by posting her name far and wide claiming she ruined a quilt.
    Old 12-13-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    By the sounds of it, I don't think your quilt is "ruined". I can see where you are greatly disappointed that there is a hole in the border but it sounds like it can be repaired. I would be very upset if this happened to me but I would do my best to repair the hole and chalk it up to experience.

If the LA has not responded to you chances are you will not hear further from her and really the only true recourse you have is to not use this person again in the future. Perhaps she legitimately believes she did not do it and is not responsible.

I would not hesitate to tell friends what happened to you with this particular LA quilter and I would most definitely let whomever recommended her to you know about it as well. I would not post her name or business name on the internet, nor would I go out to try and ruin her business over a mistake like this by posting her name far and wide claiming she ruined a quilt.
    I heartily agree. Who among us hasn't made a mistake? Her biggest one was not responding to the email about the problem.

Applique a heart over the hole and tell the recipient that it's extra love!

Sue
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM

good advice on repairs even if we didn,t use a quilter,s service thanks for tips ladies
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:30 PM

That just goes to show you, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:42 PM

I had a needle break and leave a hole in a quilt I was doing for a friend as a gift. Darned if I can remember how I fixed it. Lots of good ideas for fixing the hole.
    I wouldn't want to ruin anyones business, but I think an apology and/or offer to make the mistake right is in order.
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 PM

I am so sorry for you. I can't imagine anyone who has made a quilt or is a LAQ could do such a thing and not try to make amends. After all they must know the time, expense and effort you have put into it.

All of the solutions sound good to me. Good luck and I would post this woman's business name with a short warning. She could have at least said "I'm so sorry!"
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:12 PM

Have you tried calling her? I can think of several reasons for not replying to an email and none of them have anything to do with ignoring the message. Don't make assumptions.

Have you paid in full for the work or did you reserve final payment until you were able to see it? Has she quilted for you before or is this the first time? Did you see her work first hand before you sent your quilt to her? Do you have a contract for the work? Did you ask for references and then check them before sending your quilt?
    Old 12-13-2010, 04:25 PM
    Power Poster

That's too bad to have that happen without a word from your LA quilter. She was wrong and so surprised that she has not got in touch with you. Quilters are usually so honest and helpful.