Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Longarm -- yes or no! >
  • Longarm -- yes or no!

• Longarm -- yes or no!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:32 PM

Jois-
    How long do you think it takes you to handquilt a twin size quilt? I love to do it but still work so at night would probably be the only time I'd get to do it.
    Thanks,
    lots2do
    Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 PM

im glad you ask this question, how much noise do these machine make when you ladies use them and how smooth are they to control and how hard is it to move the roller,s on your frames im going to get one soon and i,ve had surgery on neck ,lower back and right shoulder ,knowing what you all know about your quilting machines which quilting mahine do you think i can handle and which frame is easy for a person like myself to use ,i,ve always like the a-1 frame becaue you can sit or stand but it,s pretty high in price and thank you for saying it takes up alot of space,how hard are the other frames on changing direction and turning roller handle to finish each block rolls dose it take alot of strength on arm to control it ,please let me know
    Old 03-24-2010, 05:31 PM

Hi! I'm new to this site, what is the difference between a mid arm and a long arm?
    Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 PM

I just found a web site about the Bailey machines are they good? I sure like the price of them,I have been looking at the Gammel but the price is really too much.
    Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Hi letsquilt- I have a JUKI mid arm, it has a throat space of 81/2"--a long arm has anywhere from 16"-18" throat space.
    Old 03-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Nellie, you have asked a very difficult question re: noise.
    I am hard of hearing but not deaf. I find my sewing machine is louder than the HQ 16. I had the Grace Pinnacle frame already and it is set up to 12 ft. The HQ does have a frame which is standard with it.
    The machine runs like butter over the frame. It can be moved with one finger...also over the frame that was made for it. (I tried it out on the HQ frame.) Definitely check for used then if you can't handle it, it won't be so hard to sell IMHO. Mary Alice
    Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Janet, Your husband sounds like one to die for, you'd better keep him. Wish my husband would talk to your husband, hee hee
    Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM

Nellie on the A-1 you can get the fabric advance that does it by pressing on a foot pedal. The table also raises & lowers with a remote control. You can order a Saddle Stool that is easier on your back that just a reg. stool. Hope this helps. The noise is not that bad.
    Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 PM

thanks ladies another question if i brought the a-1 frame to make it cheaper in price could i use that frame with other mid or long arm machine,s
    Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 AM

He is a definate keeper. The year before Lizzie took up residency at my house..we went to look at a lower end Bernina..and he watched the demonstration..we walked out with a 730. I have been diagnosed with cancer and he has been even more wonderful. I could never imagined finding someone so loving and caring as he is. I am truely blessed. He has spoiled me rotten..LOL.