Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Looking for Craftsman/Art & Crafts style quilt and embroidery patterns >
  • Looking for Craftsman/Art & Crafts style quilt and embroidery patterns

• Looking for Craftsman/Art & Crafts style quilt and embroidery patterns

Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM

Please help! I have a Craftman style house (aka Frank Lloyd Wright, Prairie) and Stickley-like furnishings and have been searching high and low for quilt and embroidery patterns in the Arts & Crafts/Craftsman style.

I have found one quilt book with patterns which duplicate Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass windows, but since I am a new quilter, I thought I'd better find something a bit easier before I tackle one of those.

Can anyone suggest a source?
    Old 10-27-2009, 07:44 PM

I have that book. Don't waste your money if you are a "purest" like I am. They did not follow the windows closely. They put colors where there were no colors on the windows and they changed all of the colors. I am making one for my brother who is an architect and I will have to redesign the quilt completely. If you are a beginner I would start very simply and expect the fabrics to give it the Arts and Crafts look.

Maybe this article will help.

http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi...v14n05&isize=M
    Old 10-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by IowaQuilter
    Please help! I have a Craftman style house (aka Frank Lloyd Wright, Prairie) and Stickley-like furnishings and have been searching high and low for quilt and embroidery patterns in the Arts & Crafts/Craftsman style.

I have found one quilt book with patterns which duplicate Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass windows, but since I am a new quilter, I thought I'd better find something a bit easier before I tackle one of those.

Can anyone suggest a source?

I made a quilt for one of our sons and all I did was Google Frank Lloyd Wright designs and designed the quilt after looking at some of his stained glass windows. It was kind of a challenge but not too bad as it has lots of rectangles and I used baticks for the color and black and white on white. Since he was living in Colorado I hand quilted the quaking aspin leaves and stitched in the ditch on other parts. It was a fun quilt to make.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-6930.jpe   attachment-7060.jpe   attachment-7070.jpe