Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Looking for Gift Ideas for a quilter >
  • Looking for Gift Ideas for a quilter

• Looking for Gift Ideas for a quilter

Old 12-16-2015, 08:20 PM

If she doesn't have a small cutting mat that rotates that would be a really nice gift. I was to cheap to buy one for myself thinking I wouldn't use it but received one as a gift and now wonder how I lived without it. LOL
    Old 12-17-2015, 06:21 AM

I ask for specific items - don't get them - then go buy them myself! My husband tells me to buy whatever "gadget" I want and then he wraps it for me to open Christmas morning. Waiting for my rotary blade sharpener to arrive so he can wrap it and put it under the tree. Best gift is a gift certificate to my LQS so I can buy thread, fabric or a new gizmo there.
    Old 12-17-2015, 06:35 AM

How about a basket of little, often-used items with a gift card? One thing I use a lit is a mini flashlight with a wrist strap . It hangs on my peg board. Can't tell you how many times I've used that to look into/around/under my machine for various lost items. A new sharp seam ripper . Small post-it notes to make notes that stick to the machine for easy reference (last stitch used before I shut off machine for the night, for example or the color thread she's almost out of, etc). A spool of variegated thread in a color way she uses often. But gift cards are the bomb. I just like to add a touch of "something for right now" to the "something to shop with" fun.
    Old 12-17-2015, 07:56 AM
    Power Poster

I agree with the rest of the comments. Gift certificate especially if you know her favorite store. Or you could make up an IOU for a day trip to some local shops and include lunch. That is what I got from one of my friends and I am looking forward to the trip to San Diego in January!!
    Old 12-17-2015, 08:06 AM

One item that I've never seen a quilter turn down is totally non-quilting. Get her a gift certificate to a day spa -- massage, manicure, pedicure, facial. My son got me one for my birthday and I spent the day being pampered to the max. They even fed me lunch.
    Old 12-17-2015, 02:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mckwilter
    One item that I've never seen a quilter turn down is totally non-quilting. Get her a gift certificate to a day spa -- massage, manicure, pedicure, facial. My son got me one for my birthday and I spent the day being pampered to the max. They even fed me lunch.
    See if anyone were to give me that I'd either let if expire or I'd pass it on. I don't like strange people to touch me.
    Old 12-17-2015, 09:00 PM
    Power Poster

Without knowing how advanced she is that makes it hard to suggest something. You might sneek and see if she has a binding foot for her machine. That sure makes life easier when finishing a quilt. Oh, another thing might be new blades for her rotary cutter that we use to cut our fabrics with. We sometimes use them past the time we should because they are expensive.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-17-2015 at 09:02 PM.
    Old 12-18-2015, 05:24 AM

A needle threader.
    Old 12-18-2015, 06:06 AM

I just love receiving a gift card for my favorite store - or an online gift card - then I can purchase what I need the most....er...I mean what I WANT...
    Old 12-18-2015, 07:06 AM

And your family knows that, so would never give you one. But what about movies, favorite restaurants, book stores? Different strokes, right?

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    See if anyone were to give me that I'd either let if expire or I'd pass it on. I don't like strange people to touch me.