• Looking at the sewing room pictures.. >
  • Looking at the sewing room pictures..

• Looking at the sewing room pictures..

Old 11-03-2010, 06:27 PM
    Power Poster

No long arm here.
    Old 11-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by quilter41
    Oh my gosh I am sewing machine poor. I have a Featherweight that I use for classes, a Viking Lily I use for pieceing, a Pfaff that I use for quilting(because of IDT), a Viking 950E for embroidery, and a Baby Lock Quilters Pro for the PC Quilter that I have never set up(no room for it). I often run the embroidery machine while piecing on my Lily.
    Sewing machine poor?! It sounds like you've got a full blown professional sewing assembly line going on! Whew! How many people work for you? ;-) You have got the machines girlie!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 PM

I don't have a LA but I have the Mega Quilter on a frame & so far I have quilted all of mine. I'm not real good & I need alot of practice but having fun!
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:25 PM

:roll: I know of no reason why you cannot use the same machine to piece and to quilt, I guess if you have the room two machines would be great, but for me my Bernina does a great job of both
    Old 11-04-2010, 01:16 AM

My first sewing machine was an old "White" that I bought at an auction, when Montgomery Wards sold the old clothing factory in Portland, OR. Number 2, was a free, cheap, singer that I won in a drawing. Number 3 was a low end model from Walmart. My new quilting machine was a gift to me, from me, with an inheritance. I do not sew for profit unless you consider smiles as a profit. LOL! I have never taken an actual class, so I never thought about, or heard about a 'featherweight' until I joined this board. I have seen a few ads lately that show brightly colored 'feather weights, and really love the Raspberry colored on I have seen in the ad, so I guess if I ever get another machine, that will probably be that one.
    Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM
    PEP

Did it take you a long time to do nice FMQ or are you just gifted and talented?! I've tried to use my BSR and use it with the Flynn Frame . . . no matter I'm really lousy at FMQ and that really has me frustrated! I'm quilting my grandson's quilt by hand and I don't know how my grandparents did it!!! Do you have and tips or suggestions for the FMQ Challenged?!? Patty
    Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by vbourck
    Originally Posted by quilter41
    Oh my gosh I am sewing machine poor. I have a Featherweight that I use for classes, a Viking Lily I use for pieceing, a Pfaff that I use for quilting(because of IDT), a Viking 950E for embroidery, and a Baby Lock Quilters Pro for the PC Quilter that I have never set up(no room for it). I often run the embroidery machine while piecing on my Lily.
    I don't know how that could be poor- all I have is one old Kenmore that I piece and quilt on-feel like a real amateur among all this talent and hardware! Something to look forward to in the future........
    Poor as in she spent all her money on machines she's 'poor'!
    Old 11-04-2010, 04:42 PM

Also would like to know what a PC quilter is.. Is that the frame you have to put a regular sewing machine on?
    Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 PM

Dear Featherweight,
    You said that you send yours out to be quilted. That must be expensive. What do they charge you if that isn't too personal ? Have been quilting on my Baby Lock Esante and my Singer (have quilting feet for both) but am only comfortable stitching in the ditch. Wish I could do free motion, maybe one day I will find someone to teach me. May have to join the quilters guild here.
    Old 11-14-2010, 03:49 PM

I do my own.