Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Looking for a travel machine... >
  • Looking for a travel machine...

• Looking for a travel machine...

Old 03-06-2014, 06:27 PM

why don't you get the pfaff passport, that is a nice little machine
    Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 PM

That's the reason I bought the Passport - spoiled by the IDT. Almost all your feet will fit (don't think your bobbins will though) and has most of your features. It doesn't have an auto thread cutter unfortunately but I'm learning, lol. I like the fact that the extension table clips on to the hard cover, although you may find that it's not automatically included in the price.
    Old 03-07-2014, 02:46 AM

Definitely the Passport!

Debbie
    Old 03-07-2014, 03:47 AM

I don't tell my husband what he should keep or not....he does not tell me either. I learned this from my mother who, as a young bride "listened" to my dad tell her to get rid of her records . She did, Dad had kept his till the day he passed away. She was PO'd about that for the rest of their life. Mom took joy in breaking every one of those records after Dad died. Sad. Uh, no. I learned a lot of life lessons from observing my folks.

Happy shopping!
    sandy
    Old 03-08-2014, 08:34 PM

Glad to hear lots of positive remarks about the Passport... that is one that was on my radar. I think next time I am at the shop I will have to check it out. I am really spoiled by the automatic thread cutter though... however, I doubt I am going to find a travel machine that offers that.
    Old 03-08-2014, 08:53 PM

Default Janome Gem 720

Originally Posted by romille
    I would definitely consider a used machine. I am honestly not sure what my budget is, at this point I am just researching to see what the options are and what the prices would be. I am thinking no more than $600, but the cheaper the better as I will have to convince Mr. You Don't Need Two Machines...
    I have a Janome Gem 720 (issued as a AQS2009 by specifications from American Quilters Society made by Janome) and it has hardly been used. I have three machines and need to sell one. Since this one is seldom used, I would like to sell it. I has needle down and all the desired stitches for a quilter. I will include all the extra feet I purchased, so it is well supplied with feet and extra bobbins, too. Post a reply if you are interested. Asking about $350.
    Old 03-09-2014, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by romille
    Glad to hear lots of positive remarks about the Passport... that is one that was on my radar. I think next time I am at the shop I will have to check it out. I am really spoiled by the automatic thread cutter though... however, I doubt I am going to find a travel machine that offers that.

The Janome 3160 has an automatic thread cutter.
    Old 03-10-2014, 08:06 AM

Like you I have been a Pfaff lover for a long time and currently have a QE 4.0. But for my travel machine, I bought a Janome which does not have all the features you're looking for. But Janome makes nice machines, you might want to take a look at what they have in your price range.