Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Lori Holt video of her new sewing space.... >
  • Lori Holt video of her new sewing space....

• Lori Holt video of her new sewing space....

Old 07-07-2024, 05:59 AM

Default Lori Holt video of her new sewing space....

I watched her video this morning where she shows her new sewing space and all the other rooms she has designated as specific areas for her "crafts". Did she move to a different house? I don't always watch her.

If you saw the video, I'm curious to hear your reaction to her set-up. Personally, I thought her sewing area was a little strange.

Here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5rDu9VKxag
    Old 07-07-2024, 08:00 AM

Thanks for sharing the link.

She has lots of small rooms. I like how she has them set up for each different use. They do feel a little over-filled. She has lots of fun vintage stuff. And she has used up all of the wall space, floor to ceiling.
    Old 07-07-2024, 09:52 AM

Wow. I don’t think those are “small” rooms… I think those are bedrooms that she’s repurposed for her hobbies, and she just has so much furniture in them that they look small. 5 bedrooms upstairs, one of which is the guest/crochet room, and she turned the bathroom into a coffee/break room. So the bedroom that they actually sleep in must be downstairs. That house must be huge!

It all looks very nice but it’s definitely not my style. I’m in a stage of life where I’m trying to pare down all my tchotchkes and collections, I’ve realized that empty space in my home has value. If there’s too much clutter or stuff, I have a hard time making and creating.
    Old 07-07-2024, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Wow. I don’t think those are “small” rooms… I think those are bedrooms that she’s repurposed for her hobbies, and she just has so much furniture in them that they look small. 5 bedrooms upstairs, one of which is the guest/crochet room, and she turned the bathroom into a coffee/break room. So the bedroom that they actually sleep in must be downstairs. That house must be huge!

It all looks very nice but it’s definitely not my style. I’m in a stage of life where I’m trying to pare down all my tchotchkes and collections, I’ve realized that empty space in my home has value. If there’s too much clutter or stuff, I have a hard time making and creating.
    I thought the area she does her actual sewing in was strange. Very small and cramped in an upstairs balcony when she's got all those big rooms. I'm sure she can afford to do whatever she wants but I'd configure all that space and have less furniture, but that's her style.

I'm also at that stage in life (I'm 77 and recently widowed) when I want to get rid of "stuff" not collect more. I couldn't work when there's so much of everything like she has. I now have a 2nd bedroom that I've been debating on moving all my cross stitch into it. I got rid of the beds because no one ever slept over and I donated them to a shelter. I want to make good use of that room but I'm not sure what I want to do. The other thing I considered was moving my bookcases in that room.
    Old 07-07-2024, 11:13 AM
    Power Poster

I like to visit rooms like that but not have any.
    Old 07-07-2024, 12:17 PM

Maybe it’s more like sets for her videos.

Of course, I get claustrophobic watching them, so it’s good that I don’t live there.

hugs,
    charlotte

Old 07-07-2024, 01:06 PM

Thanks for sharing the link. I would have taken out a few walls and made a large space for everything. I’d have trouble remembering what was in which room! And that table in the room with fabric seemed high for cutting.That beautiful white cabinet — full of vintage stuff — is similar to one I have but mine is full of fabric.
    Old 07-07-2024, 02:27 PM
    Power Poster

It looks pretty. It isn't my style but is hers. Does she only sew on featherweights?
    Old 07-07-2024, 02:45 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks for posting the video, Retired2PA. Not something I would have watched, but being that you put it out here for us, I took a look.

She did mention the recent move a few times, referencing what/where or didn't have in her old place. Too, mentioned about two sewing rooms ago! Must like moving homes more than I do!!

Agree with others, not my style for a set up, but then again, I am not a designer and making a business of it all. I "get" what she's done, breaking it all into appropriate areas for specific purposes. Too, she's got the different settings for filming and such. Plus, as she said, upstairs is her business .... and she goes/leaves there, instead of having her business somewhere else. Which means downstairs is the rest of her life!

Likewise, the sewing area seems a bit strange to me too, but then again, for her purpose, it probably is not ... ready for the cameras!! It may seemed cramped to some, but honestly, she is "just" sewing there, with a wee bit of pressing, as she does the rest of the stuff in the other rooms. We have several new-build loft homes in this area, that were promoted for this sort of thing ... a room with a view down to the rest of the family activities, yet pretty much private when looking from down/up.

So much stuff in her rooms, I like what she has (even though not my style and I would not have it!).

........ But it leaves one to wonder is she always so neat and perfect? or does stuff get messed up?

Old 07-07-2024, 04:39 PM

Way to much stuff for me to want to dust. But it sure was nice to see on her video.