Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help? >
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help?

• Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:12 PM

Praying it finds its way home to you soon.
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:24 PM

I'm so sorry your quilt is lost. I'll pray and hope it finds it's way home to you.
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM

I had a box go missing too one time. I don't have a clue where it went, but it did come back..

Another time I actually put an old address on a package to a girl friend in another state.. they delivered the package, but was told that person wasn't there.. then it was gone. but it to showed up.. somehow someone found the correct address and it did get delivered.. I'm not sure how.. this is a crazy world, and crazy things happen..

I'm hoping in the next day or so your beautiful quilt will find it's way to where it is supposed to be... They usually do.. I just hope it's soon enough..

keep us posted.
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 PM

Go to the office that you shipped it from in PERSON. it's much harder to brush off a person standing in front of you than one on the phone.. talk to a supervisor.. or his supervisor.. don't go away until you get someone to who will try to figure out what happened.. They don't "lose" boxes.. they're whole business is making sure boxes are delieverd.. it's someplace, they just haven't put in enough effort to find it yet.
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 PM

What a beautiful quilt! How tragic to lose it and I wish you the best in retrieving it. Maybe since it's just been one month, it may still be found. I hope we hear back from you that it's been found!!!
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:43 PM

Thats what I was going to suggest...Call the local news stations and see if they can help! We have a station here in Oklahoma that helps people resolved there issues with business, cause they sure don't like bad publicity...
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 PM

Sorry to hear this Janet, It is a beautiful quilt. Twice this has happened to me, I called and they couldn't do anything and my son checked and ask questions and it was found in the back room and had been in the town it was going to. It was there for two weeks. Also I heard on the news people go behind the truck and when they drop off the package someone goes behind them and picks them up.

Cookie
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:59 PM

wow, so sorry to hear this. Sorry to hear how often mail theft is happening now. It is getting out of control.
    Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous, simply beautiful and I understand your angst and pain!

I see that you have 12 pages of responses and hope that someone can help you.

I know there is a website where you can post your lost or stolen quilt but I don't know the name of it, hopefully you have already gotten your quilt OR someone has given you the website to post about your quilt

sincere best wishes to you for finding this awesome creation

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
    Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 PM

I agree get the news out not only to local news, but Nationally Get a pic. of it on Fox News, I realize not everyone watches them or agrees with them, but they are a GREAT source for getting into the mix of things they have so many sources to check things out - much better than the other networks it seems. That being said, they may get UPS on the ball. No business likes to be put on the bad list so to speak and usually get after what ever needs to be done when they are getting a lot of bad publicity.
    I am so sorry for you I can feel your pain with all the work. A beautiful quilt.If the driver didn't scan it right then, I am wondering about the driver. Apparently the quilt never arrived at a dispatch area. Maybe the driver should be checked out. That quilt just didn't vanish into thin air.
    Please keep us updated.
    I have a treasure that I would like to have done by a LA but I have the fear that something might happen in transit to it. My great grandmother made the quilt top, and it could never be replaced.