Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help? >
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help?

• Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 AM

I hope they find your quilt.
    I received a package on my doorstep about 2 months ago. It had my name on it and was from UPS Overgoods. So I open the box and it a safety green jacket that road workers would wear. I never ordered one. Got to looking and it had been shipped from the company to a customer. Some how the label got torn off. How they ever got my name I don't know but they did. This package was mailed on the east coast and suppose to be received on the east coast. I contacted the company that shipped the item (packing slip was in box). They said they would have some one call me and get me a shipping label to ship it back to them. Well I never heard from them. So I called UPS and just returned it to the Overgoods Dept. My understanding is that UPS overgoods is where lost packages go. The thing is I have no idea why they put my name and address on that box. My husband wanted me to keep it but I wasn't interested in a bright green jacket. I hope someone else didn't get your package.
    Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 PM

That is one beautiful quilt!!! I am so sorry this happened to you and am hoping it is found soon.
    Old 03-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    i just can not understand why people chose the 'brown' way to mail their quilts. i worked for 'blue' for 25 yrs. they have 'peep' holes everyplace to watch the workers in the big buildings. and the little buildings, i know the workers treat each piece of mail like it was their own. can not say enough about the dedication of 'blue workers'.
    Amen to that - I'm also a "blue worker".
    Old 03-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by JADE D
    Originally Posted by irenecarter
    So sorry that such things happen in this world. It is a gorgeous quilt. Like someone said, pray to St.Anthony.
    He always comes through.
    :St. Anthony, patriot of lost and found please bring Hitherland's quilt around. St. Anthony, St. Anne, return her quilt as fast as you can."
    Or- Tony, Tony look around; something's lost and can't be found.
    that will work too. any prayer said from the heart, will always be heard and answered.
    Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    i just can not understand why people chose the 'brown' way to mail their quilts. i worked for 'blue' for 25 yrs. they have 'peep' holes everyplace to watch the workers in the big buildings. and the little buildings, i know the workers treat each piece of mail like it was their own. can not say enough about the dedication of 'blue workers'.
    I use blue. No problems.
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I use blue. No problems.
    I've used the post office, too. Registered mail is a safe way to ship.

I did have one quilt returned to me from a quilt show via Priority Mail. When I didn't get it after a week, I called to check where it was. No one knew, and there is no way to track a package.

I was frantic. It finally showed up 3 weeks later. Because the shipper didn't put a return address on the box, it was sent as "Anonymous Mail." It couldn't go on an airplane, so it took over 3 weeks to get home. At least it got there.

Janet
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:47 AM

What an awful thing to have happen. If you need to put in a
    claim, put in a claim for $2,000. It'll wake them up.

It's a long story, but I am a firm believer in Tony, Tony, look
    around. Something's lost and can't be found. It has worked
    more than once. Keep saying it over and over and over. :!:
    Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 AM

Hopefully all this negative press about UPS will reach the COO's office quickly and get them to jump on it big time.
    When they find it, they then have the opportunity to restore their reputation.
    Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by libber
    Hopefully all this negative press about UPS will reach the COO's office quickly and get them to jump on it big time.
    When they find it, they then have the opportunity to restore their reputation.
    I think it wouldn't hurt to up the ante on this idea. Janet, maybe you may wish to contact Scott. Below is corporate profile web link. There is also a direct link to corporate press relations. I think it would interest them to know as of now over 9,000 potential UPS customers have viewed this post and over 200 have actually commented about it. There is no better or worse advertising then word of mouth. Maybe someone will actually look for your priceless quilt!

http://www.pressroom.ups.com/About+U...D.+Scott+Davis
    Old 03-17-2011, 10:32 AM

Hopefully, someone with public relations will have a heart and take this seriously. Almost all of the quilts we quilters create are one of a kind. Maybe someone there can understand it and light a fire under someone who can FIND THIS QUILT!