Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help? >
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help?

• Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 AM

I don't know if I could ever box a quilt and send it. Those people handling your shipment don't have a clue about the precious contents. It's just a package to them.
    Old 03-15-2011, 05:42 AM

I would be their worst nightmare. Call every day and email those that you can't call. They will get sick of you and help you find your quilt. I'm so sorry for your loss of this quilt. The picture is beautiful.
    Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 AM

Nag them. Keep Calling. Be the biggest pest you can be. Do you have the tracking number? That is the best place to start. Do not be afraid to keep calling them. Do not take NO for an answer. If the person you are taking to can't find your quilt then ask for a supervisor.

Keep up updated. I will pray UPS finds your quilt.
    Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 AM
    Power Poster

Oh what a sad story! It makes me really not want to enter anything in a show for fear of loosing it in shipping. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous and I do sooo hope you find it!
    Old 03-15-2011, 06:21 AM

Please let us know when you get it back. It is too beautiful to be wondering around by itself. ♥
    Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 AM

OMG gorgeous quilt!! Sure hope you find it!
    Old 03-15-2011, 06:39 AM

Anytime I mail a quilt and they ask if I want it insured, I just say "no, it's just some clothes the grandkids left, or uncle john left his sweater" never tell them it's anything of value. I used to ship at the retail store where I worked and People would have boxes stolen off their porches when po or ups or whoever left it there. It's sad, but it's happening everywhere. That is a beautiful quilt and such a shame. I would start checking at flea markets where you live just in case and check the sale ads in the papers.
    Originally Posted by piepatch
    I read somewhere once that you should never put the word "Quilt" anywhere that is visible on the outside of the package when mailing a quilt. I can't remember what word they suggested using, but actually, any word would do .......maybe "linens" ?
    Old 03-15-2011, 06:40 AM

I had this happen with the USPS. I sent a quilt to my daughter, the post office said it had been deleivered, but she never got it. After 10 days of trying to deal with the post office I got the number to the public affair office. The next day there was a key in my daughter mail box to get her package out of the lower lock box. The quilt had been there the whole time, but the mailman forgot to put the key in her box. Why they couldn't have checked that 10 days earler I don't know, but sometimes you just have to go to the top to get anything done. Good Luck, I pray you will get it back. I know first hand how it feels to think someone else has your quilt!
    Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 AM

I don't know if you could trust CO of the show or not, but I certainly would try. Also, I think you should notify UPS and the Law Enforcement people in that town. A word of advice: Next time you send something valuable, put a price on it # 1 and get a tracing number yourself and start tracing the next day. It will show you the exact route the quilt is taking. That way if it stops, they will know what driver or UPS station where it disappeared.
    Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by piepatch
    I read somewhere once that you should never put the word "Quilt" anywhere that is visible on the outside of the package when mailing a quilt. I can't remember what word they suggested using, but actually, any word would do .......maybe "linens" ?
    If I have to put anything on the outside of the box as to the contents, I usually put - "Recycled Fabric".