Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Love Getting Quilt Related Mail >
  • Love Getting Quilt Related Mail

• Love Getting Quilt Related Mail

Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 AM

I just signed on for the catalog from Hancock's of Paducah and I just LOVE the website too!
    Old 09-04-2010, 06:55 AM

I've been a mail junkie since I was a teenager and waited impatiently for letters. I love getting any kind of mail, but especially anything related to sewing. I keep catalogs and quilting mags by my jail and look at them endlessly while watching tv. I mark stuff I want to buy and then rarely do. But it's fun anyway! Guess we're all a little nuts, huh? But we could be crazy in way worse ways! :lol:
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 AM

I absolutely LOVE IT when one of my magazines arrives. I know we complain a lot on this board about the magazines' content, copyright info, etc., but I still love getting them.
    Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 AM

Let me put it this way, my mail person and UPS guy think I am stalking them. Love all the catalogues, magazines and ads but when I know I have a package coming.......! I know the schedule of the mail person and the UPS guy, usually meet them at the curb.
    Old 09-04-2010, 08:38 AM

I enjoy American Patchwork and Quilting. This month is Quilt Sampler. It should be available by the middle of the month. They usually focus on ten shops from Canada and USA. Each featured shop does a quilt pattern they designed. Every May and September Quilt Sampler is available.
    Old 09-04-2010, 11:38 AM

I got good advice from my Aunt about buying material. Do not buy material because you like it, buy only what you need for your project, or you will end up with lots of material you will never use.
    Old 09-04-2010, 11:51 AM

YES, I DO TOO. I HAVE ABOUT 700 BOOKS AND MAGAZINES. I HAVE PROMISED MYSELF TO NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE. I HAVE MY SHELVES FULL, BOXES FULL AND STACKED ON FLOOR OF SEWING ROOM.
    Old 09-04-2010, 02:17 PM

I also like getting all the catalogs, even the cooking utensil ones.
    Old 09-04-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
    I love to get the quilting catalogs! I agree, I can't buy all the books, tools, fabric, etc....but I love to drool over all the yummy patterns and colors. I hate to throw them away. When I crawl in bed at night, I often grab a catalog and flip though then and dream, and plan....and pretty soon, I am sleepy and drift off dreaming of how I could use this fabric or that fabric in a quilt like that.... ;-)
    I do the same thing after I read my daily bible reading. I love getting a new magazine or book, but I always wait to look at it after I get in bed lol.
    Old 09-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Djohnson
    good to know that I'm not the only crazy one. I loce to get quilt stuff in the mail. I have so many magazines that I will never use them all but I keep vying more. I have begun to finish some UFOs. I bought 8 kits when I aaas in Pasucah last and I am foi f again this month so I needed to sew the ones I had so I could buy so e more. also I'm going to Marshalls Dry Goods so I may have to rent a U-haul.
    I went to Marshall Dry Goods Thursday. Five of us in my husbands 4-door truck. We hauled back fabric and batting. My husband went too, he thinks Sharon Thomas (one of the sales persons) is IT. Whatever she shows me he says get it, love that guy.