Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • LQS in Williamsburg Va >
  • LQS in Williamsburg Va

• LQS in Williamsburg Va

Old 04-25-2013, 03:12 PM

Default LQS in Williamsburg Va

My sister and I are going to be spending a week in Williamsburg VA. Anyone know of a good LQS we can visit (and buy something, of course). We'd also like to find a good but not pricey seafood restaurant. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 PM

There isn't any quilt stores in Williamsburg that I could find earlier this year, but this one in Topping is worth a trip.

http://2bsquiltshop.com/ Can't help you with seafood restaurants in Williamsburg, I live on the Eastern Shore, and like the seafood here too much.
    Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM

There isn't any quilt stores in Williamsburg that I could find earlier this year, but this one in Topping is worth a trip.

http://2bsquiltshop.com/ Can't help you with seafood restaurants in Williamsburg, I live on the Eastern Shore, and like the seafood here too much. There is a seafood buffet, Captain George's, it is pricey, and was just okay.
    Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM

There is one named Colonial Williamsburg at 341 W Francis Street, according to Quilter's Club app for my phone. I will try to find it this weekend as I'm heading that way in the morning. Their phone number is 757-220-7291 if you want to call for directions or make sure they are open. There is also one in Yorktown, Newport News, Carrollton, Windsor, Virginia Beach (2) and Hopewell. Granted, these are all 12 miles or more from Williamsburg, but I get out and look for places. If you have a smart phone, try downloading the app called "Quilt Shops" from the app store.
    Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 AM

Love 2 Quilt & more, 1915 Pocahontas Trail B-4, Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
    757-565-0978
    Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1
    Love 2 Quilt & more, 1915 Pocahontas Trail B-4, Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
    757-565-0978
    Thanks, we'll be sure to check it out.
    Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Former Wmsburg resident here......the one at W. Francis Street is a finished quilt store, among other gifts and things.....probably not what you are looking for.

Love to Quilt is wonderful, worth visiting. It's south of town in an interesting open mall area called The Shops at Kingsmill; the location of the shop is hard to find, unfortunately, as it's halfway down the walkway between buildings, parking lots on each END of the walkway.

If you have a vehicle, it is also worth driving 20+ minutes south to Newport News to visit Nancy's Calico Patch on Rt. 60. They are also a Bernina dealer as well as a full quilt store. www.ncpquilting.com
    Good Mexican restaurant almost across the street called Plaza Azteca.
    Jan in VA
    Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Former Wmsburg resident here......the one at W. Francis Street is a finished quilt store, among other gifts and things.....probably not what you are looking for.

Love to Quilt is wonderful, worth visiting. It's south of town in an interesting open mall area called The Shops at Kingsmill; the location of the shop is hard to find, unfortunately, as it's halfway down the walkway between buildings, parking lots on each END of the walkway.

If you have a vehicle, it is also worth driving 20+ minutes south to Newport News to visit Nancy's Calico Patch on Rt. 60. They are also a Bernina dealer as well as a full quilt store. www.ncpquilting.com
    Good Mexican restaurant almost across the street called Plaza Azteca.
    Jan in VA
    Have vehicle, will travel. Sounds like Nancy's is a place to put on our "to do" list.