Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Machine Emb...Brother Machine >
  • Machine Emb...Brother Machine

• Machine Emb...Brother Machine

Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 AM

I have a Brother embroidery machine also. I had the same problem with the machine just beeping when I inserted my card. I asked the rep at the store where I bought my machine. She said even if you are using a large hoop, the design can still be too big. She helped me resize the design (never got the hang of digitizing) and it worked fine after that. Hope this helps.
    Old 06-10-2008, 04:55 AM

As far as the PED software - even though it may have the larger hoop size listed in the software - and you can put the design on the memory card - if the machine only takes up to a 5x7 design then it will beep at you if you have a larger hoop size design on the card and it will not read the card. I have the Innovis 1000 and learned the hard way on that. Also, try reducing the tension for the thread breaks.

Is your design more than 12000 stitches? Also try using 2 layers of stabilizer. Put the first in the hoop as normal. Attach the hoop, then 'float' the second under the hoop. Sometimes the density of the design adds to the stress.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:07 PM

someone also suggested to me that I put the thread in a bowl instead of on the spindle and that, and the metalic needle worked really well
    Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    I had the same problem when doing an embroidery design and I happened to mention it when I stopped by the dealer where I bought my machine and one of the women suggested using a Metallic needle(for metallic threads) because it has a bigger eye and it is coated in the eye with teflon so the thread glides easier especially with dense designs and I haven't had a problem since.but if you continue to have problems contact a dealer and ask
    Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 PM

I have Brother Innovis 4000 and she does NOT like Sulky thread. I have learned that Brother machines do not like a thread spooling off horizontally. I have a thread stand that is taller than my machine and the thead goes up and then back down to the machine. It gives enough room for the "twistys" to be worked out before the thread goes thought the pressure plates.
    Wini - House of BCC in Houston
    Old 10-17-2010, 08:46 PM

I had a Brother 8500D, I now have the Innovis 4000D. I've had really good luck with both.

Did you register your machine when you got it? Did you call Brother customer service? They are really helpful. You can register a machine even if you purchased it used.

I think a 75/11 needle may work better. I found the 90/14 didn't work as well, the 80/12 is good but I seem to have the best results with the 75/11. I went to a seminar done by an incredible professional embroiderer and she said to use only only 40 wt. thread in both the top and the bottom so took her advice and rarely have a problem. I found my Brother machines did not like Madiera thread and the rayon sometimes shreds but maybe with a tension adjustment, that problem could be solved. I use Isacord but I've used Coats and Clark, cotton thread, serger thread, and metallics with no problem.