Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Machine keeps stopping >
  • Machine keeps stopping

• Machine keeps stopping

Old 06-08-2013, 12:42 PM

Default Machine keeps stopping

I just had service on my HQ 16. It was set for manual 100% and ran way too fast. I changed it to regulated 12 per inch. It runs about 12 stitches and stops.

HELP
    Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 AM

Either take it back where you had it serviced or call Handiquilter. I have mine set on regulated, 10 per inch and it does just fine. The HQ # is 866-262-1680 and they may be able to talk you through the problem.
    Old 06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltNama
    Either take it back where you had it serviced or call Handiquilter. I have mine set on regulated, 10 per inch and it does just fine. The HQ # is 866-262-1680 and they may be able to talk you through the problem.

I picked my Bernina up from being service and the technician left the machine in service mode. Could NOT do anything !!! CALL where you had it service and they should be happy to assist you. If NOT, call the company ASAP!! I KNOW how frustrating it must be. Hang in there, tomorrow is Monday !!
    Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
    Power Poster

A question: Do you think the repair shop should offer a refund when you have to make a second trip to get your machine fixed from a mistake the repair shop made to it? I had to take my machine back to get a glaring mistake corrected after having the machine just out of the shop. I brought the machine back and asked what type of refund would I get for having to bring the machine back again and wasting a half day of my time. My friend who was with me thought I shouldn't have asked for a refund. I got a 30% off of the repair price I already paid so it paid to speak up. It was the repair shop's mistake, not the machines.
    Old 06-09-2013, 05:38 PM

I agree... either call HQ or call the shop. Handi Quilter is wonderful to work with and maybe they can walk you through it and you won't have to take it back to the shop.
    Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    A question: Do you think the repair shop should offer a refund when you have to make a second trip to get your machine fixed from a mistake the repair shop made to it? I had to take my machine back to get a glaring mistake corrected after having the machine just out of the shop. I brought the machine back and asked what type of refund would I get for having to bring the machine back again and wasting a half day of my time. My friend who was with me thought I shouldn't have asked for a refund. I got a 30% off of the repair price I already paid so it paid to speak up. It was the repair shop's mistake, not the machines.
    Absolutely, I do. Why should you pay for their error? They should fix it as good customer service and if not, I'd try to find another.

I had my Singer GT&S fixed last year -- finally I had a broken or worn out gear after 30 years of using it! -- and a month or so later I had to take it back for (possibly) a like problem. They charged me for the new part but not for the labor. Their reasoning, I think, was that they should have caught the second problem when they fixed the first one. Even so, sewing machine repair is apparently not cheap, I'm learning (first time that machine had EVER been in for repairs), running $100 plus, no matter what they do.
    Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924
    Absolutely, I do. Why should you pay for their error? They should fix it as good customer service and if not, I'd try to find another.

I had my Singer GT&S fixed last year -- finally I had a broken or worn out gear after 30 years of using it! -- and a month or so later I had to take it back for (possibly) a like problem. They charged me for the new part but not for the labor. Their reasoning, I think, was that they should have caught the second problem when they fixed the first one. Even so, sewing machine repair is apparently not cheap, I'm learning (first time that machine had EVER been in for repairs), running $100 plus, no matter what they do.

I think that is why we are a throw-a-way nation. It often costs more to repair something than to buy new. It is a difference of mass producing and one off repairs by a skilled craftsman.