Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Machine repair >
  • Machine repair

• Machine repair

Old 04-03-2024, 12:39 PM

Default Machine repair

Took machine to repair. With experience was easy fix. The repairman has 5.0 rating-that’s right; perfect. Told him problem and left sample of fabric giving fits. He fixed part of problem. I Tested machine with provided fabric. Not one stitch. Yep! Didn’t make even 1 stitch. He said it needed walking foot. NOT!. I do free motion quilting. After swallowing his pride, he fixed it in ~1minute=easy fix.
    Lesson; even the best aren’t perfect. Test drive before driving 1.5 hours home.
    Old 04-03-2024, 02:09 PM

Wow, that is one thing I worry about. Having to take my machine in to be fixed.
    Old 04-03-2024, 03:45 PM

My repairman always makes you test drive before leaving the shop. He wants to make sure you are doing the right process. He said so many of his clients have multiple machines and will make simple mistakes threading or going into reverse, and so on. He wants to make sure his customers are happy.
    Old 04-04-2024, 05:52 PM
    Power Poster

The shop here is close by but every time I take a machine to be fixed I have to take it back because the repair causes another problem. I get so aggravated because he doesn't test the machine much at all. Just sew a few inches and calls it fixed. I have complained to the shop owner but it is her husband that does the repairs so she thinks he hung the moon. I found another shop about two hours away so that is where I will go now. If you have a good repair person then you are very lucky.