Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Making a quilt for cancer patient >
  • Making a quilt for cancer patient

• Making a quilt for cancer patient

Old 12-08-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
    Such a nice thing for you to do. Don't you find that when you hear bad news like that one of the 1st things you think of to help & give comfort is a quilt?
    Yeah, but it seems like we'll find any excuse to quilt. I'm now making a Slipknot quilted wall hanging for a friend because when I showed him the idea for my other t-shirt quilt he half jokingly said I should make one for him except out of Slipknot shirts. I stopped working on the other quilt (the quilt was intended for my boyfriend, but we broke up) and I decided to make it for myself later. But I still wanted to work on something for somebody and I remembered what he said and thought, "Why not? I only have a month until Christmas and the costs will be expensive....but who cares? I want to do it!"

As soon as I get done with the wall hanging I'll get started on Dale's quilt. If anything I'll start looking at fabrics and figuring out sizes.
    Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 PM

I really like the pattern that you have chosen. I did the samething for my brother who went threw cemo also, but I did Denver Broncos my brother was very happy with it.

Joanna,
    Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 PM

when my hubby was diagnosed with cancer terminal,,,,. I made him a quilt...actually I sent each child and grandchild a 12" square and asked them to draw or make their choice... some were poems, some jokes, some pictures or just memories of good times and well wishes..I also did the same with our friends...two quilts to take with him to chemo treatments..it gave him lots to show and talk about during at times 7 hours of treatment..at first he didn't want to take them but gave in and really enjoyed bragging.....I have also done quilts for friends with well wishes from anyone who visited them... just a thought