Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Making a quilt >
  • Making a quilt

• Making a quilt

Old 08-15-2020, 06:41 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by bkay
    Here's a different take on a double wedding ring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-H6GAsqNus
    bkay

I've made several of the Rings that Bind DWR years ago. It takes a lot more fabric but fast to make and looks beautiful. I recommend making a few sample blocks first.
    Old 08-19-2020, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rff1010
    Food for thought- a double wedding ring quilt is not a beginner pattern. Be honest about your skills before starting.
    I am confident I could make a DWR. The person that asked me to make it must have faith in my ability too just by asking. However, the time frame they need it in , the fact that I’d need to purchase templates or rulers and also the fact that my husband & I are home bound because of Covid all weighed in my decision to decline their request.
    I have over 50 years sewing, embroidering both by hand and machine, crochet with tiny threads, etc besides piecing and quilting by hand and machine. Although I have not made a this pattern I would welcome the challenge if I could get out to see the fabrics I would need to buy. We are in a red hot state And with a sister that’s been in the hospital over a month now with coronavirus it’s just not a good time for me to take on anything with a deadline.
    I have some albums here, if you’d care to see work I have posted.

Last edited by toogie; 08-19-2020 at 05:08 PM.
    Old 08-20-2020, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by toogie
    What all would I need to make a wedding ring quilt? Are there any free patterns on net for one? I know I’d need a pattern and I’m sure I’d need special rulers....Have any of you made one? If so, can you show me here?
    Lots of free patterns on the internet. Just google and you'll be surprised.
    Old 08-20-2020, 05:32 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Look at Cheryl Phillips’ “Rings That Bind” pattern (book includes the template). It uses more fabric, but you can choose whether to have seamless or pieced arcs and is QAYG. The template ruler—only one is needed—can be used for other purposes, too.
    Old 08-21-2020, 01:38 AM

There are lots of free patterns. I made one using the Marti Michel templates. It made cutting so easy.