Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Martelli rotary Cutter >
  • Martelli rotary Cutter

• Martelli rotary Cutter

Old 03-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
    Just ordered mine on Overstock.com for $17.99. They only charge 2.95 shipping for the entire order so I got a package of blades as well. I have tendonitis in my right hand and it bothers me when I use the regular rotary cutter. Can't wait to get it.
    Just received mine in the mail from Overstock.com. I will be stripping tonight! :lol:
    Ooooo! Nice I just ordered one as well. :) I was holding off because shipping was so expensive through Martelli. So I am excited about this one being $21 shipped! Thanks SO much! :thumbup:
    Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 PM

I am left handed and bought one of their rotary cutters about 2 years ago. I do not regret it ....it works wonderfully. They had a package deal at last years Lancaster show..a cutter with a mat and a strip cutting set. The stip cutting thingy..is wonderful. It doesn't slide all over the place like an acrylic ruller. It is a little pricey..but..all good toys are..
    Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by miholmes
    Just ordered mine on Overstock.com for $17.99. They only charge 2.95 shipping for the entire order so I got a package of blades as well. I have tendonitis in my right hand and it bothers me when I use the regular rotary cutter. Can't wait to get it.
    Just received mine in the mail from Overstock.com. I will be stripping tonight! :lol:
    Ooooo! Nice I just ordered one as well. :) I was holding off because shipping was so expensive through Martelli. So I am excited about this one being $21 shipped! Thanks SO much! :thumbup:
    You're very welcome - every little bit counts!
    Old 03-20-2011, 02:04 PM

A few months ago, or less, someone bashed the Martelli Company referring to blades. I posted saying that one cannot use notched blades in the Martelli cutters....this was disputed.
    I just returned from the Lancaster Quilt Show and visited, while there, the Martelli booth. Their wonderful demonstrators and reps enforced my post.....they always say that round hole blades are what are to be used with these cutters. Do NOT use the notched blades....they will impair the performance of the marvelous Martelli cutters.
    I have purchased several Martelli products....their tutorials are wonderful, the tools themselves are efficient and effective. Their service is remarkable and reliable.
    Go, Martelli!
    Old 03-20-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by gramalama9
    A few months ago, or less, someone bashed the Martelli Company referring to blades. I posted saying that one cannot use notched blades in the Martelli cutters....this was disputed.
    I just returned from the Lancaster Quilt Show and visited, while there, the Martelli booth. Their wonderful demonstrators and reps enforced my post.....they always say that round hole blades are what are to be used with these cutters. Do NOT use the notched blades....they will impair the performance of the marvelous Martelli cutters.
    I have purchased several Martelli products....their tutorials are wonderful, the tools themselves are efficient and effective. Their service is remarkable and reliable.
    Go, Martelli!
    I love my Martelli rotary cutter and did try other blades in it and was not happy. They don't roll smoothly and I've even cracked a couple so it's back to the round hole blades for me. Putting the others in my cutter makes it harder to use than the Olfa. With the correct blades, it's like a hot knife through butter.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:13 PM

I love mine. I have carpel tunnel in my right wrist and can spent alot more time cutting fabric now. Hope you enjoy it.