Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Math help please >
  • Math help please

• Math help please

Old 03-06-2023, 01:56 PM

Default Math help please

Been looking on Pinterest again and I have a jelly roll and want to make this quilt, but use Kona Snow instead of black. What would you say the length of these sections are cut to? I know that sewn together they will measure 4 1/2" for width and that it takes 4 of these sections to make the design, but for the love of me, I can't figure out how to get the most out of my strips and have it look right.
    My brain tells me length is also 4 1/2" and that means I'll get 8 out of a strip, making 2 completed designs from each strip. with scraps left over. Is this right?? I should mention that my brain is fuzzy because of muscle relaxers for a damaged right shoulder. Thank you ladies!
    Old 03-06-2023, 02:16 PM
    Gay

If you sew 2.5in print and white strips together you will have a 4.5in wide strip. Cut these into 4.5in pieces, and yes, you will get 8 units. When you sew 4 of these together, you will have an 8.5in block. Looking at your photo you should get a quilt 88x88ins. I think this is what you were asking for? Do post a pic when done, as black is not a favourite colour for me to tackle.