Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Me, Me, Me, all about me >
  • Me, Me, Me, all about me

• Me, Me, Me, all about me

Old 10-13-2015, 03:02 PM

Your enthusiasm is infectious. I am excited for you. (And, a little envious.) Enjoy yourself. I too can't wait to see what you come home with.
    Old 10-13-2015, 06:28 PM

What a great way to spend a weekend. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and then tell us all about it.
    Old 10-13-2015, 11:34 PM

Hope you have a wonderful time .
    Old 10-14-2015, 03:08 AM

lucky you! I'm so jealous... have an awesome time and don't forget to tell us about your experience.
    Old 10-14-2015, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I just finished three retreats almost back to back the last two weeks. Going on another one in Nov for four days. I make most weekends mine, I'm selfish that way!
    WOW! this is great. I used to spend my time off helping my daughter with the kids to help her afford to work. Then when she had a high risk pregnancy with the twins she had to quit working. I no longer felt as much of an obligation to watch them since it wasn't for work. They are still over at my house most weekends. As a matter of fact, my 9yr old grandson says he doesn't know what to do not being able to see or call me for 3 days. He just got a phone so I'm sure he'll blow my phone up. I've already told him my phone would be off all weekend. Actually, it'll be on silent just in case something happens with the twins, etc. Emergencies, and here's praying it stays silent all weekend. I do try to get me time in but some times its hard. It took her awhile but even when she was working when I told her I had something scheduled and she'd have to get a sitter she started accepting that throwing a fit wouldn't help her none. If she goes back to work now, she'll have to get a sitter because I love all of my grandkids but I'm done with having no say or feeling like I should. It has been such a scary time the past two weeks with them that I'm sure it'll take her a while to go to work and leave them with anyone. You all are all so great on here and I'll think about all of you when I'm enjoying myself this weekend.
    Old 10-14-2015, 04:46 AM

It sounds heavenly!!!! Enjoy it for all of us!!!
    Old 10-14-2015, 04:59 AM
    pal

This could be the beginning of a whole new life style!!!!!! Wish I were going with you!! You're going to have a wonderful time - enjoy every single minute.
    Old 10-14-2015, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!
    I repeat....enjoy, enjoy, enjoy
    Old 10-14-2015, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by pal
    This could be the beginning of a whole new life style!!!!!! Wish I were going with you!! You're going to have a wonderful time - enjoy every single minute.
    It's true...........we have a quilt shop/retreat near by (35 min. from home) that offers a yearly pass. My dear DH buys if for me for Christmas each year. I meet friends from our previous hometown area there once a month and stay for 3-4 nights, EVERY MONTH. Even though we are retired and I can sew all day, any day, getting away from daily routine is a wonderful refresher. I get to re-connect with friends I normally wouldn't see (or see together), & meet new friends. Classes aren't offered normally, but as on this board, we learn from each other. Please relax and enjoy your wonderful experience. Be sure and let us know how it was. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS grandma. How wonderful.
    Old 10-14-2015, 05:49 AM

Sounds amazing! Have a great time & please post when you get home.