Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Measure Your Order? >
  • Measure Your Order?

• Measure Your Order?

Old 08-05-2010, 06:50 AM

Where did you get the pattern for your avatar?It is beautiful.
    Old 08-05-2010, 04:30 PM

My first order at fabrics.com also was wrong. I ordered their special priced 6-yard packaging of black and snow Kaufman Kona cotton. When I went to launder the pieces I knew the pieces were less than six yards. I measured and each was only four yards. I called and fabrics.com gave me options. (1) I could return the four yards and get the 6-yard lengths; (2) I could return all for a full refund; (3) they could send an additional two yards of each. I chose the last option since I didn't need full six-yard lengths. The service person I spoke with said the cuts were done at the distributor, not in-store. They are concerned that there might be other packets with the incorrect yardage.
    Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 PM
    Power Poster

Sorry that happened but your advise is well taken.
    Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Joann fabrics does that all the time. I turned them into the Better Business Bureau. I got tired of it. I noticed they had gotten better.
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear it happened to you. However, I have found that fabric.com customer service is wonderful, and do everything in their power to keep their customers satisfied. Sometimes mistakes are made - remember they are only human. It's when you call a company and they don't want to acknowledge that a mistake was made, or even want to help you. So even with mistakes, if they treat me right, and want to make it right, I'll shop there again.
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM

quote]
    I had to laugh at your comment "it is vacation time" ...I work in a hospital pharmacy. No matter how many are off on vacation, I STILL have to mix IV's correctly, and dispense the correct medications. NO EXCUSES! At times I feel like when I get poor customer service to say to them: "If I did my job like you are doing yours, people could DIE. I have to be accurate, why don't you??"[/quote]

I feel exactly the same way. I'm a RN and accuracy is a must....why isn't it for everyone?
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:22 PM
    Bev

I spot check with my on-line purchases. You know what I found out the last time I checked?
    I found that the place I had been ordering from gives me at least 3 or 4 inches more than what I ordered. I mean on every piece I order. Even if I order five different yardages of fabrics. I think that's pretty good of them. I checked with them and they said that it's their policy to overcut rather than undercut.
    8-)
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bev
    I spot check with my on-line purchases. You know what I found out the last time I checked?
    I found that the place I had been ordering from gives me at least 3 or 4 inches more than what I ordered. I mean on every piece I order. Even if I order five different yardages of fabrics. I think that's pretty good of them. I checked with them and they said that it's their policy to overcut rather than undercut.
    8-)
    Where do you order from?
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
    Gal

The shop I worked for asked us to give a thumb width over the measure, does not sound much, but surprisingly it gave room for a little give and take.

I have purchased fabric myself where it has been cut exactly on the line and when I have washed and dried it, the amount has come in short of what I needed, not that I penny pinch to that degree but having worked in the industry I notice these things and I think I have seen it all!!

Gal
    Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 PM

I measure my orders of fabric every time I get them from everyone. I have been shorted a few times. Every place has always made it good with me too. It doesn't happen very often but it does every now & then. Nobody is perfect I guess!! LOL