Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Memorial Day Thank You >
  • Memorial Day Thank You

• Memorial Day Thank You

Old 05-27-2024, 02:19 AM

Default Memorial Day Thank You

Memorial Day is celebrated in the U.S. today. Thank you to those who have served or are serving in the armed forces, for your sacrifices to keep our country safe.

Thank you to the quilters who dedicate their time and talents to make Quilts for Veterans and Quilts of Valor.

Our guild made patriotic pillowcases for Veterans and brought them to a rest home to honor all Veterans. I wish you could have seen the pride in the faces of those who were asked to raise their hands if they had served in the arm forces. Some Veterans expressed that this was the first time they had received a thank you gift to recognize their service.

If anyone wishes to share their favorite Red, White and Blue quilt project, for themselves or a Veteran, Please do!
    Old 05-27-2024, 05:37 AM

I make patriotic “chair quilts” and give them to Veteran’s. 58 x 40. Backing is fleece (which I think is enough) so I use no batting. I try to put a label on with their name, rank and years of service.
    Old 05-29-2024, 03:02 AM

Thank you Tranum and Copycat for remembering our veterans. While Memorial Day is for remembering those who gave their lives, remembering our veterans any day is a good day. As a retired QOV state coordinator, I have heard many times our veterans say it was the first time they received a thank you for their service. It’s sad on so many levels. Keep up the good works ladies!
    Old 06-03-2024, 01:25 PM

I am late reading this post, but thank you, for remembering and recognizing our veterans. I always remember my uncle Phillip Hanks, that died in Korea, and all others that gave their lives for us. My dad, husband and many uncles served, so veterans are always close to my heart. I do what I can, to show my appreciation and respect, for their sacrifices. May God bless America!