Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Memory Quilt for Breast Cancer >
  • Memory Quilt for Breast Cancer

• Memory Quilt for Breast Cancer

Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
    You are a dear friend. Maybe the husband will not be up to going through the family pictures any time soon. It might be painful to him to see reminders of all the good times that they had together, now that their future seems so threatened. Don't give up yet, though. Perhaps you could offer to go through the pictures with the children. It might be a pleasant distraction for them, and they're old enough to learn a bit about quilting. In fact, teaching them the joy of making something with their hands would be a lifelong gift to them, and something that might give them emotional strength when they need it most. Another idea might be to get the little girls to draw pictures showing their love for their mom or fun times with her. Those could be scanned and would make a very special quilt.
    I love the drawing idea!
    Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 AM

I am so inspired and so thankful for all of you!!
    Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 AM

I also will send you I spy fabrics for this, please PM me and let me know what size. What a wonderful way to make memories and thank you for caring so much.
    Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 AM

What a wonderful thing for you to do! It really is amazing how much a quilt can comfort those going through treatment!
    Old 02-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
    I also will send you I spy fabrics for this, please PM me and let me know what size. What a wonderful way to make memories and thank you for caring so much.
    I will send you some fabrics too, PM me your address. Elaine
    Old 02-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Thank you so much Elaine.
    Old 02-14-2011, 07:18 PM

If I might make a suggestion. If you would like a better return for your effort of quilting each quilt for the auction, call some other organizations in your community and ask them if you could bring the quilts to their next meeting and sell auction tickets for the quilts to be drawn the night of.... Ask the Masonic groups, they always support cancer problems, and family situations, and the Rotary may let you come and the Elks and any others often even a local quilting group, and you will sell more tickets, and raise some more money if they need that. It will also help the community be more aware of their local families in need of emotional support. We were able to raise over $3500 for one of our families in need ina small rural area. Good luck, and if you want more I have some eye spy squares I will send.
    Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by katrbee
    If I might make a suggestion. If you would like a better return for your effort of quilting each quilt for the auction, call some other organizations in your community and ask them if you could bring the quilts to their next meeting and sell auction tickets for the quilts to be drawn the night of.... Ask the Masonic groups, they always support cancer problems, and family situations, and the Rotary may let you come and the Elks and any others often even a local quilting group, and you will sell more tickets, and raise some more money if they need that. It will also help the community be more aware of their local families in need of emotional support. We were able to raise over $3500 for one of our families in need ina small rural area. Good luck, and if you want more I have some eye spy squares I will send.
    Thank you for the suggestions and I will check with these organizations.