Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Message Board Retreat, time to get serious >
  • Message Board Retreat, time to get serious

• Message Board Retreat, time to get serious

Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 AM

ME TOO!!! Whine, whine, whine. 2 weddings nect year- don't they know they are cutting into my quilting funny money!

I hope all of you enjiy this- wish I could be there. It sounds absolutely awesome!
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by HMK
    Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'M JEALOUS!!!!!

Me, too. All the fun seems to happen east of the Rockies. One day maybe.....
    HMK, I am from the West Coast originally and would be willing to organize one for you, but I decided to get this one under my belt first..
    I have a tendency to take on too much...

IRR, Star block exchange and Retreat and I have only been a member of your board for a month...lol

I actually started looking for sites and had to stop myself..

However, if we get participants for this one and it looks like it is a go, Ill start thinking about one on the West Coast...warning, dont hold your breath, dont want you passing out before I get there...
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:13 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'M JEALOUS!!!!!
    Terri, how about we start a 2nd annual retreat for summer of 2010? maybe on the Coast somewhere... let me know when you know where you are going to be stationed...
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Jstitch, how many people can this place hold? I know you said you need at least 15 to make it a go, but just curious?

Can we sew all night if we were so crazy and inclined??
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Jstitch, how many people can this place hold? I know you said you need at least 15 to make it a go, but just curious?

Aggi, we can accomodate up to 40 people comfortably, if we get the reservations in....The Bed and Breakfast will rent the rooms we are not using so it is a first come first serve basis..

If we have that many, I will also rent both conference rooms..

Yes, you can sew all night it you want... but my room is right outside the conference room door, so,,, I'll be watching you...lol
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Wow, you've done a wonderful job organizing the retreat! Thanks! What would be the closest airport to the B&B?
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jstitch
    Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

Aggi, we can accomodate up to 40 people comfortably, if we get the reservations in....The Bed and Breakfast will rent the rooms we are not using so it is a first come first serve basis..

If we have that many, I will also rent both conference rooms..

Yes, you can sew all night it you want... but my room is right outside the conference room door, so,,, I'll be watching you...lol
    hmmm well I be sure to put on my funkiest flannel pjs and my bunny slippers!!! and sing to my ipod all night long in my own happy little world!!! lol
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Judy, I will be attending and my husband is thinking hard about coming. He has his own sewing machine, but has not yet used it. :lol: How much would it cost for him? If you are interested, I can teach a bias stained glass wallhanging class. Let me know, so I can get my act together. I usually teach beginning quilt classes...basics and more. I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet/greet everyone that is coming. I wish everyone could come. Can we make badges with our pictures on them along with our "online" names to help identify each other???
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Chele
    Wow, you've done a wonderful job organizing the retreat! Thanks! What would be the closest airport to the B&B?
    Wichita, Kansas

If you can get a better rate to Kansas City, let me know and I will see if we can work out a pick up and ride for you.. It is 65 min from Wichita and 4 1/2 hours from Kansas City
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy of Kansas
    Judy, I will be attending and my husband is thinking hard about coming. He has his own sewing machine, but has not yet used it. :lol: How much would it cost for him? If you are interested, I can teach a bias stained glass wallhanging class. Let me know, so I can get my act together. I usually teach beginning quilt classes...basics and more. I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet/greet everyone that is coming. I wish everyone could come. Can we make badges with our pictures on them along with our "online" names to help identify each other???
    Dorothy, If hubby is coming as a participant, it would be the same as you.. If he is coming as a hubby and wont be doing the sewing acitivities, I can add him for less...Call me and lets talk...

you still have my number, right...