Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Met other quiltboard members >
  • Met other quiltboard members

• Met other quiltboard members

Old 12-05-2009, 10:40 AM

Oh, DUNSTER!
    I am soooo excited for you!
    as far as not taking good pictures ... I have come to the conclusion that people look much better in pictures than they give themselves credit for!
    We just spend so much effort trying to avoid the inevitable that the stress shows .... I KNEW I should have brought the camera when we had dinner ... but, silly me! Taking pictures to prove what I have done and where I have been -- is about the last thing I want to do <g> ... it would be easier if I could say: Well, I was drunk at the time ... or something ... but, no!
    I am stone cold sober every time! LOL
    Will so be looking forward to seeing your quilting machine being set up and ready for WORK! <wave>
    Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM

Oooh, that sounds like fun! I'd love to go to Washington, but meanwhile something in Texas would be great. Right, Judithb?
    Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 PM

As long as I don't have to fly. We flew in to Miami last year and I vowed never to get on a plane again. Rude and complicated and rude and worse. (AA)I had a total melt down in the ladies room. We have relatives in OR and there is a quilt shop there that I could live in! We may go there again, but it will be on Southwest.
    We are driving to Spring, TX in 3 weeks and will stop at the fun quilt shop there in Old Town Spring. Hope I have money left to spend on the cruise!
    Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
    Power Poster

Awww what beautiful pictures!!! It really looks like you were all having a great time :D :D :D Dunster...you ducked out this time...but maybe not the next time LOL
    I am glad that you all got together...I look forward to hearing about the retreat, too :D :D :D
    Old 12-05-2009, 01:51 PM

We need input on the idea .... maybe we should find out from Miss Dglver how many she wants to make room for ...
    poor girl ... we are going to overwhelm her ... all she wanted to do was meet some board quilters! LOL
    Old 12-05-2009, 01:56 PM
    Power Poster

LOL I meant I was looking forward to hearing about it and seeing the pictures :D :D :D
    Old 12-05-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by judithb
    As long as I don't have to fly. We flew in to Miami last year and I vowed never to get on a plane again. Rude and complicated and rude and worse. (AA)I had a total melt down in the ladies room. We have relatives in OR and there is a quilt shop there that I could live in! We may go there again, but it will be on Southwest.
    We are driving to Spring, TX in 3 weeks and will stop at the fun quilt shop there in Old Town Spring. Hope I have money left to spend on the cruise!
    Have you been there recently? A friend and I tried to go this past summer and couldn't find it. I am afraid it is gone, but maybe it just moved and we couldn't find it. Keep me posted. :-)
    Old 12-05-2009, 03:31 PM

OH NO!! I hope its still there. I will have to call them before we go down. I love that tiny crowded place with so much fabric! Last time I found a great sale on charm bundles and pillowcases.
    Oh yes, it is right next to the wine sampling room. I will check on Monday and post.
    Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 PM

I think the pictures are lovely! You are all smiling and you know that weight isn't about who we are! Smiles are who we are! Love the panels! Oh my, what beautiful fabrics!
    Old 12-05-2009, 04:03 PM

The quilt shop on Old Town Spring is not listed in my Quilter's travel book. On to plan B...