Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Mettler thread >
  • Mettler thread

• Mettler thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 AM

Wow. A couple of months ago, my guild had a guest speaker from a local sewing machine store come speak about thread. She recommended Metler. She said that they saw a lot less lint build up with it. Hmmm. She did say that using metallic thread needles helped to cut down on the lint because the eye of the needle is coated with teflon to help the thread smooth through.

I personally use Gutterman for most of my sewing.
    Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    Wow. A couple of months ago, my guild had a guest speaker from a local sewing machine store come speak about thread. She recommended Metler. She said that they saw a lot less lint build up with it. Hmmm. She did say that using metallic thread needles helped to cut down on the lint because the eye of the needle is coated with teflon to help the thread smooth through.

I personally use Gutterman for most of my sewing.

Yes, most LQS in my areas carry Mettler so I've used it for many years. Again, no problem up until about a year ago. Then I noticed the inside of my bobbin area fills up with lint fast. The same folks have "warned" me away from Guterman(they don't sell it;) . But, the Guterman gives off much less lint than the new silk-finish Mettler.

It's not about machines "liking" some threads better. Lint is lint. My machine likes Mettler fine. It's the worry that whatever is showing up in the bobbin area is also in the head of the machine-which I'm not able to clean out.