Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival Feb. 25-28, 2010 >
  • Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival Feb. 25-28, 2010

• Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival Feb. 25-28, 2010

Old 11-10-2009, 06:03 PM

Hi Rose: That is right--General Admission will not be sold out. In fact, you can go on line and register. It costs a few dollars more but it eliminates standing in line to register the first day of the show. Also, you get a name tag and quilt pin.

I did not hear back from anyone about the possibility of trying to meet up with some of the "Quilting Board Members." I had suggested meeting at the top of the stairs in the Convention Center since it is an open spacious area and less crowded than the downstairs.

There are loads of hotels in the area. Of course, the Hampton hotels would be more convenient, but Newport News (where we live) is not far (about 25 minutes) from the Convention Center. Williamsburg is a lovely area but the drive would be a little further--we are about 20-30 mins. South of Williamsburg, going towards Hampton.
    Old 11-17-2009, 11:07 AM

I have looked online and the convention center/hotel doesn't appear to have a connected parking garage, is that correct?

I was wondering what parking is like when you have to stay at another hotel? I have been to other conferences and if you don't stay in the "hosting" hotel, you park "miles" away (or the McDonald's down the street) and walk. Being 7 months pregnant by then, I have no desire to walk in the freezing Feb. air more than I have too!

thanks for any info.
    Rose Hall
    Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM

Rose,
    I drove in for the day last year. There's a pretty large parking lot right there at the convention center.
    Old 11-17-2009, 01:18 PM

Rose,
    LoriJ is correct. There is a huge parking area at the Convention Center. If you get there a little early, you can get fairly close parking with not a long walk. We have been there for the past three years and never had a problem parking. Again, sure wish we could meet there somewhere to get to "see" some of our quilting board friends. Since I live in Newport News (only about 15 miles from the Center, I would be anxious to meet just anywhere. Sue
    Old 11-17-2009, 01:24 PM

Sue, I'd love to meet you. I'm still debating whether I want to come up for just a day or do several. Lori
    Old 11-17-2009, 03:23 PM

Where are you from, Lori. Sounds like maybe you are from NC, by saying you are "coming up" for the festival. It is hard to take it all in in one day. My husband and I usually do both Thursday and Friday. Please keep in touch as the time draws near so that we can plan a meeting. I get quite excited to think that I will actully get to meet some of these wonderful Quilting Board women in person. Sue
    Old 11-17-2009, 07:10 PM

I'm from Raleigh, just a few hours south of you. DD and I came up last year and spent the day. We were tired, but had a great time. She's in college this year, so I don't know if she'll be available to come with me this time.
    Old 11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
    Power Poster

What a great time you will all have!!! Too far away for me, but I will be happily "listening in here" and awaiting the pictures!!! :D :D :D