Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Mile-A-Minute Blocks >
  • Mile-A-Minute Blocks

• Mile-A-Minute Blocks

Old 07-28-2007, 10:35 AM
    Suz

Barb C,

Thank you for the great idea. BUT, I believe you were in my scrap box because I recognize some of your fabrics. Actually, mine is purged with my five 4Hers want to dig. They believe this box is a gold mine.

Can I tell you about my five little ladies (one - first year[8]; four - third years [10,10,11,11]). We had 4H Youth Fair this week. All five got blue ribbons. Two of these were Reserve Grand Champions, and another was a Grand Champion. The other two have been Champs in previous years. We were all excited with our finish.

The first year made a wall hanging from four HSTs, and two borders. The fourth year ladies made the Ohio Star pattern with one border, into a pillow. There projects area all handquilted. We did all of this in nine meetings and also made up our display for the fair.

Love my girls. Suzanne
    Attached Thumbnails abrams-quilt.jpg   arielle.jpg   conrad-finished.jpg   conrad-tag.jpg   creepy-christmas-doll-quilt.jpg  

1quilt.jpg   football-1.jpg   football-5.jpg   jessica.tshirt.jpg   mady.jpg  

arielle-finished.bmp   b2b-quilt-2.bmp   b2b-quilt.bmp   hospice.bmp   mary.bmp  

porter.bmp   sparkle-plenty.bmp   porter-finished.bmp   porter-finished-tag.jpg  
    Old 07-28-2007, 11:26 AM

Finaly a way to use all the odd size scrapes I have. Like most of you there are a lot I think I have more yardage in my scraps then my stash
    Old 07-28-2007, 11:40 AM

What a great use of leftover or what-was-I-thinking fabrics. I have made some string quilts but will give this one a whirl.

piney
    Attached Thumbnails jaba-shoo-fly.jpg   catgirl807-calico-puzzle.jpg   kris2011-churn-dash.jpg   ljdugas31-grecian-square.jpg   lv2sew2011-arrowhead-puzzle.jpg  

pbadder-patience-corners.jpg   terriamn-split-nine-patch.jpg   urgodschild2-chimney-cornerstones.jpg   barbgil.jpg   girlscouts1.jpg  

tracibug-homeward-bound.jpg   mollymunchkin.jpg   ok-darla.jpg   argentum.jpg   lvbabyboomer.jpg  

Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Suz
    Barb C,

Thank you for the great idea. BUT, I believe you were in my scrap box because I recognize some of your fabrics. Actually, mine is purged with my five 4Hers want to dig. They believe this box is a gold mine.

Can I tell you about my five little ladies (one - first year[8]; four - third years [10,10,11,11]). We had 4H Youth Fair this week. All five got blue ribbons. Two of these were Reserve Grand Champions, and another was a Grand Champion. The other two have been Champs in previous years. We were all excited with our finish.

The first year made a wall hanging from four HSTs, and two borders. The fourth year ladies made the Ohio Star pattern with one border, into a pillow. There projects area all handquilted. We did all of this in nine meetings and also made up our display for the fair.

Love my girls. Suzanne
    Congratulations! You have every right to be proud. I would love to see some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails quilted-wall-hanging.jpg   jorys-tea-pot-rug.jpg  
    Old 07-31-2007, 07:02 AM

What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm hoping this winter, I'll get a chance to use up all my scraps.

Thanks again,

Barbara J/NYC
    Attached Thumbnails img_1248.jpg   img_1242.jpg   img_1243.jpg   img_1244.jpg   img_1246.jpg  

img_1262.jpg   img_1259.jpg   img_1260.jpg   img_1266.jpg  
    Old 07-31-2007, 07:33 AM

Barb thanks so much for posting that website. That is a very good way to use my scraps.They are just sitting in a box.....waiting. LOL. I love the scrappy look.
    Attached Thumbnails sewn-bags-001.jpg   crafts-001.jpg   crafts-004.jpg   hats-003.jpg   hats-005.jpg  

sew-003.jpg   bread-001-800x600-.jpg   bread-004.jpg   dans-002.jpg   newer-picts-007.jpg  

quilttop-001.jpg   babygd-quilt-011.jpg   wall-quilt-007.jpg   rooster-001.jpg   img_1990-640x480-.jpg  

img_1984-640x480-.jpg   img_1987.jpg   misc-025-640x480-.jpg   misc-010.jpg  
    Old 07-31-2007, 07:36 AM

[quote=live2teach]That is a very good way to use my scraps.[quote]

That is what I am doing. I have about 60 of them made. Aiming for 100 this week. They go fairly quick and are definitely easy!

Barb C
    Old 07-31-2007, 08:04 AM

I had a huge bag of fake-fur scraps from kids costumes, etc. It was all good quality fur fabric, so I made a quilt almost like this. It's fantastic! I put a light batting, black flannel on the back, and it's one of the kids favorites. Those little scraps are a fun challenge to work up, and the projects are unique and fun. I like how yours turned out with scraps. S.
    Attached Thumbnails nankathy55.jpg   jaba.jpg   ljdugus-1-.jpg   roseirish.jpg   paperpieceme.jpg  

Old 05-19-2010, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the link to the site.

Did you see that the quilter/author made over 1000 blocks (making numerous Crumb quilts).

On the right hand side of her blog click on Crumb blocks to read all her posts about the blocks.

This does look like fun. It also looks like it could be 'an organized scrappy' quilt...something I like better than just 'scrappy'. May try it in June at a machine that sitting all alone and not used.
    Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 PM

I'm always looking for a way to use scraps!!