Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Mini Irons VS. Regular Irons??  (Which is better)?? >
  • Mini Irons VS. Regular Irons?? (Which is better)??

• Mini Irons VS. Regular Irons?? (Which is better)??

Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I am currently waiting for a vintage travel iron to arrive that I won in an ebay auction for $2.99. I am hoping that it will be a good supplement to my full size iron. According to the seller this iron is approximately 3" wide and 7" long and weighs about 2 lbs. I am hoping because it is an older iron it will get nice and hot and will stay that way (no auto shutoff). Time will tell.
    I too, bought one of these on ebay. I have only used it a few times so far. I think I love it. I use it next to my sewing machine, on a home made ironing board for small seams within the block I'm sewing. A large iron would not work in this small space.
    Old 05-21-2011, 02:15 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by roselady
    Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I am currently waiting for a vintage travel iron to arrive that I won in an ebay auction for $2.99. I am hoping that it will be a good supplement to my full size iron. According to the seller this iron is approximately 3" wide and 7" long and weighs about 2 lbs. I am hoping because it is an older iron it will get nice and hot and will stay that way (no auto shutoff). Time will tell.
    I too, bought one of these on ebay. I have only used it a few times so far. I think I love it. I use it next to my sewing machine, on a home made ironing board for small seams within the block I'm sewing. A large iron would not work in this small space.
    Well I picked mine up at the post office yesterday and today has been chaotic so I haven't even plugged it in yet but I will later and give it try. I love the size and shape of it so now if it gets to temperature I will be a very happy camper. No pun intended but I do plan to use this little iron in our RV while travelling.
    :-) :-)
    Old 05-21-2011, 05:04 PM
    Power Poster

I love my Rowenta Travel iron. I use it for pressing all my pieceing, Its home is right next to my sewing machine. I do use a large steam iron for everything else. The super mini Clover irons might be great for applique . I've never tried them. The one thing I love about the Rownta is you do get good heat and better, IT IS LIGHT WEIGHT. I do a lot of sewing and iron fatigue can stop a project for people with old hands.
    Old 05-21-2011, 08:02 PM

I have an old hot pink travel iron. It used to steam but now spits so I just use a fine mist of water from an empty hair spray bottle if I need moisture. It quit about five years ago and I raised such a fuss that my fix everything husband found the necessary parts and repaired it and it's been going strong ever since. It's small and gets into the little corners. It's great for classes because of the color no one would mistake it for theirs. HA It's also very light weight.