Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • miniature quilts >
  • miniature quilts

• miniature quilts

Old 03-09-2014, 09:29 AM
    Power Poster

If you go to Home and then scroll down below the first section there is a bar with the link for User Defined Sections. You will find sections here that are managed by members. I have one for Miniature Quilts. I add any miniature quilt threads I find to this section so you can find all them in one place. I think I also left this one open so anyone can add a thread to the list.

You can find alot of good info and inspiration here from members who make minis.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/mi...+quilting.html

the last 4 sections are mine and you will find all my tutorials and pictures of the things I make there.

Also if you are on a thread that is about a mini chances are I added it to the mini section. if so you can scroll down on that thread and at the bottom you will find a tag for the mini section. you can click on that tag and it will take you to that section.
    Old 03-09-2014, 02:06 PM

Glad to see others enjoy miniatures.
    Old 03-09-2014, 03:22 PM

I love miniatures, but have not made one... when I finish a few overdue UFOs I intend to go to Rhonda's tutorials and give it a try! That said, if there was a class taught by someone who I'd already found to be a good instructor, I would definitely take a day off and take the class!! Thanks everyone for talking about minis!!!!
    Old 03-10-2014, 07:27 AM

thanks for all the great info... I am going to have fun looking into all of this! I am becoming more excited about minis and am probably going to take a vacation day to attend the class!
    Old 03-10-2014, 07:53 AM

Never, ever in my whole life, have I been tempted to do a miniature. Good luck!
    Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
    Power Poster

Sp romille did you take the class??? Have you tried any minis? I'd love to see any pics of what you make!
    Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 PM

I LOVE making miniature quilts!

I second the suggestion to check out George Siciliano. He does amazing work, and has beautiful patterns for sale on his site. I own several of them, but haven't had a chance to make one yet.

Cindy Edgerton makes minis and sells paper-piecing patterns. Here is her website. I made one of her patterns, a diamond log cabin. The logs are 1/4" wide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476459[/ATTACH]

And, as another poster said, you can always shrink regular patterns down. Here's one I made to be included in a fundraiser for a local hospital. It's a feathered star, and it finished at 5".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476460[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails wpid-dlc-closeup-12-2009-10-20-03-38.jpg   mini-feathered-star.jpg  
    Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 PM

Romille - what was the name of the guy who made minis and was teaching the class?
    Old 05-23-2014, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    I LOVE making miniature quilts!

I second the suggestion to check out George Siciliano. He does amazing work, and has beautiful patterns for sale on his site. I own several of them, but haven't had a chance to make one yet.

Cindy Edgerton makes minis and sells paper-piecing patterns. Here is her website. I made one of her patterns, a diamond log cabin. The logs are 1/4" wide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476459[/ATTACH]

And, as another poster said, you can always shrink regular patterns down. Here's one I made to be included in a fundraiser for a local hospital. It's a feathered star, and it finished at 5".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476460[/ATTACH]
    Those are awesome! I am definitely checking out those sites. I am totally in love with that diamond log cabin.
    Old 05-23-2014, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Romille - what was the name of the guy who made minis and was teaching the class?

Danny Goux