Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Misprints >
  • Misprints

• Misprints

Old 03-11-2021, 04:56 PM

Default Misprints

This has been a week of frustration that could have been avoid with quality control.

A ruler (I won't give the name while I wait to see if they return my email) was misprinted with the wrong size to cut for a unit. I consider myself a decent quilter and I strive for accuracy. After cutting and sewing everything for my quilt all the pieces were coming out the wrong size when going to square up the units. I finally took a tape measure and measured the ruler in question and it was indeed wrong. Waiting to see if the manufacturer responds to my email.

Next was the warranty on my sewing machine, my knee lift bar is stuck and won’t come out! It came with an 10 year extended warranty. I called the number on the warranty paper and the number is the wrong number. I called where I purchased it (online) and they gave me the number.
    Old 03-11-2021, 05:04 PM

Ruler with wrong measurements! Unbelievable, just unbelievable. You're suffering two types of quilter's agony. Hope you get everything to your satisfaction. Please keep us posted.
    Old 03-11-2021, 05:18 PM

That is awful. I would expect quality control on the ruler. Wonder what will happen to all the other misprint rulers out there.

Good luck on getting the knee lift fixed.
    Old 03-11-2021, 05:19 PM
    Power Poster

So frustrating!
    Old 03-11-2021, 06:09 PM

Hopefully the ruler company will put out a disclaimer or what ever to let people know about the error on their rulers. this can happen but makes me wonder where the product checkers were. Quality control is still necessary.
    Old 03-11-2021, 06:12 PM

Just a big problem! Hope you get some satisfaction on the results. So sorry for you.
    Old 03-12-2021, 10:44 AM

The ruler is an absolute bummer. I know that many rulers can be off by a fraction of an in so using the same ruler through out is a must but if one side is off that can be a nightmare.. I hope the manufacture gets back to you real soon. And the knee life bar if under warrantee replacement should be quick. Such frustration. Take a deep breath and hope there are not a dozen phone calls to be made.
    Old 03-12-2021, 11:04 AM
    Power Poster

I had a ruler from MSQC that had a mistake in the measurement. It was replaced with no hassle and it wasn't their brand. Mistakes happen. But still it's frustrating. If your machine is under warranty the dealer should fix it phone number or not.
    Old 03-13-2021, 12:17 AM

I discovered that one of my Olfa frosted rulers was off. It wasn't misprinted, it was miss-cut. It was too large by about 2 threads width on 2 sides of the ruler. I had actually been drawing with it and couldn't figure out why my drawing was off kilter, then I measured the ruler. I had recently purchased it; when I returned to the store and showed the clerk, we both inspected their whole stock of that ruler. Every single one was off.
    Old 03-13-2021, 04:43 AM

Wow, it makes me want to measure my rulers. I tend to use the same kind but have never thought of the ruler being off. Sorry to hear about your troubles sewing. Glad you figured it out.