Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Monopoly Thread >
  • Monopoly Thread

• Monopoly Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 08:19 PM
    Gay

Default Monopoly Thread

I needed thread for a clients' quilt, and due to the dark & light fabrics, decided to try Superior's Monopoly. Went to town and bought 2 reels, opened one yesterday, and found the thread broke with the snap of two fingers - not good. Today I found a spool in my embroidery thread box, and find it's a lot stronger, and is fine using on my longarm, had used it before. There is nothing to say how strong or thick the threads are, so my question is - do their poly threads have different qualities, or did I just get a bad lot. Will be taking them back anyway, $40 down the drain is just too much.
    Old 06-08-2024, 03:22 AM

I’ve used Superior monopoly in my home sewing machine with no trouble but have not tried it in my longArm. I can only say, I had no issues with it in my home sewing machine. Perhaps there is too much tension? I’m seriously just guessing but hope you find an answer. Yeah, I’d be returning that thread too.
    Old 06-08-2024, 04:59 AM
    Power Poster

Superior MonoPoly is 100 wt. monofilament polyester thread so it is will break with a good tug. I have used it for years and never had a problem with thread breaking on my domestic machine. I have used it in the bobbin or the top. I have never used it in both at the same time.
    Old 06-09-2024, 11:35 AM

I've used it several times with no issues. You do have to loosen the tension a LOT.