Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Moonbeam's  memory quilt >
  • Moonbeam's memory quilt

• Moonbeam's memory quilt

Old 08-08-2011, 11:21 AM
    Power Poster

What a great idea to give to Moonbeam's parents. Good luck to your granddaughter.
    Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM

That is a very precious quilt, that will always be cherished. Thank you for your thoughtfulness & generosity. I myself have lost a daughter, although my daughter was 23 yrs old-she's been gone for 2 years now. That is a priceless gift & will provide so much comfort!!
    Old 08-08-2011, 11:59 AM

So precious and so sweet. Beautiful thought.
    Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM
    Power Poster

Such a sad story. A precious memory quilt and will mean so much to his parents.
    Thanks for the update on your DGD and happy she is doing well!
    Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Gifts from the heart should be told on newschannels so that the public can listen to "good things" instead of all the "bad things" that happen in our daily lives. We need some heart warming stories of people who sew quilts for others.
    Old 08-08-2011, 02:27 PM

The quilt is so sweet for a sweet memorial. I am sure Moonbeam's parents will love it.
    Old 08-08-2011, 02:39 PM

That's a wonderful gift. It will mean so much to them. Yesterday I gave a memory quilt to some friends that have recently lost their young son. I used his T shirts to make the quilt.
    Old 08-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by FabricHappy
    That is a very precious quilt, that will always be cherished. Thank you for your thoughtfulness & generosity. I myself have lost a daughter, although my daughter was 23 yrs old-she's been gone for 2 years now. That is a priceless gift & will provide so much comfort!!
    My sincere condolences. I cannot imagine how shattering it must be to lose a child, no matter how young or grown up that child is. Thank you for your compliment. Sending healing thoughts your way.
    Old 08-08-2011, 04:53 PM

My daughter came to know a woman in Australia during their respective pregnancies. Their babies were diagnosed at 22 weeks with the same heart defect. Her son died after 26 hours - a week before my granddaughter's birth. I got to know her via the Internet and my daughter. It was heartbreaking. The expectation was that my granddaughter wouldn't survive either. Babies with this anomaly usually die during labor.

I cried for days. As you know, my granddaughter survived, but her upcoming surgery is a reminder of LIFE's fragility.

Anyway, I NEEDED to DO something to support and express my sympathy for this young family. Australia is a LONG way from Arizona. I contacted her and told her I wanted to plant a tree in her son's memory. (I hadn't begun quilting yet.) There's a plaque (I painted) at the base of the tree with "In memory of Connor" on it and a LIVING reminder of a significant, albeit brief life.

I'm not bragging, just sharing that in times of grief sometimes we too need to DO SOMETHING not only for the family, but also for ourselves to work through our own grief.

I find quilting very therapeutic and the hours I spend working on quilts gives me time to think about the recipient and how a quilt brings immeasurable comfort - in MANY ways.

Hope you don't mind me getting off subject.
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Beautiful little memory quilt, and so nice of you to make it for Moonbeam's parents. I pray your DGD will live a long and healthy life, in spite of all her challenges. We need to remember that God is in charge and holds her close to His heart. Sad that little ones have to suffer. God bless you all.