Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • More stolen quilts! >
  • More stolen quilts!

• More stolen quilts!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 PM
    Banned

Default More stolen quilts!

A couple of weeks ago Patsy Thompson had quilts stolen out of her car.
    NOW Karen Combs had them stolen out of her rental car in New Braunfels, TX!
    Makes you wonder how the thieves KNOW it is a high profile quilter's car!
    Karen hopes to be able to post the pix of the stolen quilts soon!
    Old 03-16-2012, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    A couple of weeks ago Patsy Thompson had quilts stolen out of her car.
    NOW Karen Combs had them stolen out of her rental car in New Braunfels, TX!
    Makes you wonder how the thieves KNOW it is a high profile quilter's car!
    Karen hopes to be able to post the pix of the stolen quilts soon!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR, do the thieves not think we'll all be on the look out?
    Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 AM

How heartbreaking.
    Old 03-17-2012, 12:18 AM
    QM
    Power Poster

People will steal almost anything. Please lock your car when you leave your precious quilts inside. Also, check E Bay and Craigs list for the stolen quilts.
    Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 AM

Even with locked doors they get in! My son and I was at a meeting in Dallas one year- he'd won a set of golf clubs!!! Now that is not a small piece of change - and we came out the next morning to find they'd smashed almost every window out of the car - it had to be a lucky hit - and the golf clubs were not to be seen in the car so they did not know when they broke the windows out that there was a thing worth breaking in for. He not only had to pay his deductible for the broken windows, he lost his golf clubs and on top of it because it was his homeowners policy that covered it - his home owners insurance went up the following billing period!!! So, talk about getting hit hard by a bunch of theives; I actually vowed to never return there ever again in my life! it is not worth the risk, and we were in a very nice hotel, and parking ramp etc... who would have thought?
    Old 03-17-2012, 05:53 AM

Unfortunately there are people that target people at shows. They watch fro them when they leave and follow them. My husband is into an expensive hobby and this has happened to several of the dealers from the shows he attends. Some have even gone to the extreme of attaching a tracking device on the car they target so they are sure to be able to follow. They wait for the person to stop for food or the night on their way home and break into the car and steal everything. Some have even been beaten up. One they followed home and when he went into the house they cleaned out his car. Just be aware and keep your eyes open. They have caught some but items were long gone.
    Old 03-17-2012, 05:55 AM
    Power Poster

That is just terrible!!!
    Old 03-17-2012, 06:50 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by jad1044
    Even with locked doors they get in! My son and I was at a meeting in Dallas one year- he'd won a set of golf clubs!!! Now that is not a small piece of change - and we came out the next morning to find they'd smashed almost every window out of the car - it had to be a lucky hit - and the golf clubs were not to be seen in the car so they did not know when they broke the windows out that there was a thing worth breaking in for. He not only had to pay his deductible for the broken windows, he lost his golf clubs and on top of it because it was his homeowners policy that covered it - his home owners insurance went up the following billing period!!! So, talk about getting hit hard by a bunch of theives; I actually vowed to never return there ever again in my life! it is not worth the risk, and we were in a very nice hotel, and parking ramp etc... who would have thought?
    that is terrible..however vowing to never go back...sort of makes the thieves winners again! You can have that happen in any city/town across our great land...so either you stay home in your cozy prison and pray nobody ever breaks in there, or you go out and LIVE....I choose to live..what will be will be....
    Old 03-17-2012, 06:51 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Spice
    Unfortunately there are people that target people at shows. They watch fro them when they leave and follow them. My husband is into an expensive hobby and this has happened to several of the dealers from the shows he attends. Some have even gone to the extreme of attaching a tracking device on the car they target so they are sure to be able to follow. They wait for the person to stop for food or the night on their way home and break into the car and steal everything. Some have even been beaten up. One they followed home and when he went into the house they cleaned out his car. Just be aware and keep your eyes open. They have caught some but items were long gone.
    at the OKcity show in Jan two of the vendors from out of state had their trailers stolen! The thieves use them for portable meth labs!
    Old 03-17-2012, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    at the OKcity show in Jan two of the vendors from out of state had their trailers stolen! The thieves use them for portable meth labs!
    Please tell me that the thieves dumped the contents where they could be found,.