Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Motorcycling to Quilt Class - SM Strapped On the Back >
  • Motorcycling to Quilt Class - SM Strapped On the Back

• Motorcycling to Quilt Class - SM Strapped On the Back

Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 AM

Way to go!!!! Wish I had a bike to go to quilting group....Boo Hoo!!
    Old 06-07-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
    ... the best part of that pic...it was the first thing I noticed....the APRON!!! Hilarious! Who ever really sees an apron wearing momma on a bike? Awesome :)
    You’re right. One hardly sees an apron anymore, much less on a middle-aged woman riding a motorcycle. Can you tell that we’re in v-e-r-y rural Oklahoma? She’s got a whole “fleet” of those aprons. She wears one at the shop every day, and was going from the shop by the house to pick up her machine and bag, then on to Quilt Class. She does mending and alterations at the shop between fabric customers, and they help keep threads from sticking to her clothing and getting all over the place. They also add to the “mood” of our little shop, while at the same time, giving customers an idea of what they can make with her fabrics.

I wear one too, except mine are made of heavy denim, more like the oldtimers used to wear in shoe shops or saddle shops. We snagged a roll of the old thick denim that jeans used to be made out of, that came out of a local jeans factory that closed down. I hop on my bike to run errands around town while wearing my apron, and get some of the strangest looks. Especially if I’m headed back to the shop with a sewing machine head lashed to the seat behind me.

CD in Oklahoma
    Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 AM

I love it :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 06-07-2011, 03:41 AM

I rode my bike everywhere until I went down last summer and broke half my body. If I had not had a helmet on, I would be dead or permanently brain damaged - and I was only going about 30 mph when I went down. I have never cared how hot or uncomfortable, I wore my helmet. And yes, I could pack some groceries on that rascal. Hopefully, I will get to ride when the 1 year after all surgeries is up and then it will be a 3-wheeler - maybe a Spyder!!
    Old 06-07-2011, 03:46 AM

Why don't you wear a helmet? As a nurse, I can't tell you how many patients I have taken care of with life changing or fatal head injuries for not wearing a helmet. NOT messing up your hair is not worth drooling and babbling incoherent words in a wheelchair for the rest of your life....I am just saying..........

Thank you. GiGi
    Old 06-07-2011, 03:49 AM

The Harley quote was taken from Jeep and has nothing to do with keeping your brain functioning at its current level...or maybe it doesn't matter to Harley riders...
    Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
    No Helmet!! Gah!
    Glad I'm not the only one gasping on this!
    You're not the only one! I value my body parts so I wear my helmet and my jacket at all times.
    Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 AM

I LOVE it!! I to have done my shopping on my bike.. and for the 5'3" gal.. I'm 5'2" and ride an 800cc cruiser that has been lowered 2.5" so I can flat foot the ground. and I can even pick it up off the ground by myself.. don't ask how I know. <giggle>
    And I have mixed feelings about helmets, as I'm and OR nurse.
    but I say it' should be a choice. I choose to wear safety gear it's saved my skin (literally) more than once.
    Old 06-07-2011, 04:16 AM

Oh my stars! Good way to go if you like to ride on those. I would never get on one and if I ever did, I WOULD have a helmet on!
    Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by GiGi
    Why don't you wear a helmet? As a nurse, I can't tell you how many patients I have taken care of with life changing or fatal head injuries for not wearing a helmet. NOT messing up your hair is not worth drooling and babbling incoherent words in a wheelchair for the rest of your life....I am just saying..........

Thank you. GiGi
    I am an ICU/ED nurse as well, no one will win this argument, as long as you do not have a helmet law in your state it IS a choice.I take care of neuro/brain injured patients as well it is still a choice. lets end the helmet wars and enjoy the thread for what it was ment to be.