Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • MY Christmas Wish List >
  • MY Christmas Wish List

• MY Christmas Wish List

Old 09-10-2018, 01:23 PM

I will certainly look into the Matilda cutting mat. I have only just started looking, and I wasn't sure what size, but now I will look at getting the biggest I can when I make my decision.

I love Eleanor Burns, so I will definitely look up her technique on crazy blocks.
    Old 09-10-2018, 01:33 PM
    Power Poster

Can't think of anything I really want or need in the line of sewing or quilting supplies.

My biggest wish list - everyone else get their stuff out of my areas so I would have room to spread out my stuff.

I haven't really looked at new products or gadgets, either. I'm feeling old(er) at the moment and my energy level is low. I am in recovery mode from a total knee replacement and we are dealing with some family issues with are also zapping my enthusiasm.

But - I hope that you get your wishes granted - and that you are happy with whatever it is that you wanted.
    Old 09-10-2018, 01:35 PM
    Power Poster

I think when we start out - we want "everything" -

Then we get "everything" -

And then we get to a point where we want to get rid of "almost everything"
    Old 09-10-2018, 01:49 PM

This is a great thread. My birthday is coming up and the other night my husband asked me if there was anything I wanted. I've been so blessed and have so much that I really couldn't think of anything off the top of my head and told him I'd get back to him. I might *have* to have a rotating cutting mat. Keep posting everyone. I might find something else I just *have* to have! lol
    Old 09-10-2018, 03:37 PM

I would like a cleaning fairy, too, for my sewing room AND the spare bedroom. The sewing clobber seems to have morphed on into that room.
    My husband helped buy my new machine and that will be my birthday and Christmas gift from him. :-)
    Also, we're going to Nova's FW class in February, so my Christmas wishes are done. Except for the cleaning fairy...has anyone seen her?
    Old 09-10-2018, 09:15 PM

DH retired a few years ago, and as much as I love him, if he had not gone back to work for a few hours a week, I would lose my mind. He does not deal with boredom well, and I can’t be his only entertainment. I have things to do. He pumps gas a few hours a day. Not as technical as his career, but gives him people to talk to besides me. Win, win. We don’t need much money, so what he makes just makes life a little more pleasant, and keeps us friends. Lol.
    Old 09-10-2018, 10:34 PM

My DH and I have finally decided we are not going to exchange gifts, we have so much and really are getting rid of a lot of it.
    I love my Accuquilt and have been buying their storage boxes to keep my dies in - I love those boxes! So those are my Christmas gifts. Accuquilt has been adding dies lately, with embroidery designs, soooooo.... I am taken care of.

This year for my birthday and Mother's Day I did send a quilt to a LA to have it professionally quilted. My DDs and DH contributed to the cost since it was $300.00. (It is for a full size bed and I did not have them bind it because I really like to do that.)
    Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaMS
    I will certainly look into the Matilda cutting mat. I have only just started looking, and I wasn't sure what size, but now I will look at getting the biggest I can when I make my decision.

I love Eleanor Burns, so I will definitely look up her technique on crazy blocks.
    Lisa, I got my Matilda mat on Crafsty half price. They have good sales. Worth a look!
    Old 09-11-2018, 07:03 AM

Actually, I do have more than enough. I would like time to get things done. And, more joy in the world.
    Old 09-11-2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I think when we start out - we want "everything" -

Then we get "everything" -

And then we get to a point where we want to get rid of "almost everything"
    How True! I don't want things to control me. Therefore, I am downsizing my quilting items so I will be able to concentrate on the items I love to make. Clutter will be decreased -- in theory. LOL