Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My Darling? Husband >
  • My Darling? Husband

• My Darling? Husband

Old 01-19-2011, 08:22 AM

You might want to remind him, " If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Or so says my Dad. lol
    Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 AM
    kbs

That's too bad, maybe he is a little jealous because he has no hobbies, nothing to show when he has finished and done a good job. We all need that feeling. Keep quilting, it is what makes you feel good.
    Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 AM

Boy, am I lucky. My husband teases me about my quilting but is very supportive. Gave me a gift certificate from LQS for Christmas.
    Since he retired, I piece, he quilts on frame with Bernina 820. {440 is MY machine, 820 is HIS. He's now making preemie quilts for donation.
    BTW, he used to tease me about my stash until I showed him the 'auction' posting. Said he'll never mention my stash again.
    Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 AM

My DH supports my quilting and gives me gift certificates to quilt shops for my birthday and special days. However, if I spend too much time in my sewing room, he occasionaly complains. One night he said, why don't you come down and watch TV with me for a little bit. I don't like TV. I picked up some hand sewing, went down to the living room and he turned on BOXING!!! Needless to say, I went right back up to my sewing room and he got the message that I was not a happy camper.
    Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 AM

Mine wishes I would spend more time with him in the evening when he's watching TV. I got a really good floor lamp to stand by my chair in the living room, and now I can do the hand-sewing part, such as binding, in there. He's fine with my hobbies, as long I can be by him sometimes. I've done crochet, knitting, sewing and beading in the living room. As long as I'm busy, I'm happy, and as long as I'm there, he's happy.
    Old 01-19-2011, 09:27 AM
    mim

I guess I have been lucky in this department. I've been widowed twice and am now happily married again. No matter what other faults they had, criticising my quilts wasn't one of them.

My DH loves football and some other TV shows. I use my OTT light focused on my lap so I can hand quilt while he watches. I can hear the games and look up to comment on a good play so he is happy that we are "watching" TV together

Mim
    Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
    I dont complain about the amount of time my husband spends out in his garage and he doesnt complain about the time I spend quilting, It works for us, and when he is watching tv it isnt usually anything I would enjoy so he gets the remote all to himself.
    Same here, besides if I want the remote I usually have to wait until he falls asleep with it in his hand to slide it out to watch QIAD or F&P(LOL). But he is restoring his Super M and I am quilting most of my free time it works.

I was entirely surprised that he is going to drive me and pick me up from a Quilt Guild meeting on Saturday (Hooray) it is the first one I will get to attend.
    Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 AM

After being married for 13 years we compromise, I learned to hand applique so that I can sit and "pretend" to watch tv with the husband every night. On nights that we do not have time together I have noticed he is grumpy the next day. So it works for both parties.

Now if I have something I really really want to work on in the sewing room, I rent/buy him a new video game and I can disappear for hours without him ever noticing.
    Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 AM

mine is supportive thankfully. Quilting is new but I have always done something....he does however think that i should do all my "stuff" during the day! Once he's home I'm just supposed to veg out in front of the tv with him. Mine doesn't have hobbies either. Sometimes I can do that and sometimes I just can't. We have kind of come to the agreement that if I'm over here sewing he can watch shows I dislike......like 2 1/2 men!
    Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
    Power Poster

I'm not very wifey. I don't do anything I don't want to do just because DH thinks so. His wishes does not override my wishes. Our life is with each other but not for each other.