Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My dear Bernina - INJURED!! >
  • My dear Bernina - INJURED!!

• My dear Bernina - INJURED!!

Old 09-08-2011, 03:07 AM

Oh, heartbreak! Nice that you can get a new one, but still, that hurts.
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 AM

I have 2 Berninas and love both of them! I have that big 830 and my repair guy tells me all the time how to transport it. I do have a tutu bag too. I have read on a few message boards that I need to get some padding for it so don't mess up the screen and nobs. I have not only take in the car only for service and some learner classes I will take my 200E for classes! I think Berninas are heavy too!
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 AM

Sounds to me like a 2 edge sword. Congrats are in order of course, but I can not imagine loosing my Bernina I love so much!
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:37 AM

I have an old Bernina which I am devoted to, and its set into a cupboard if you know what I mean. Although I can just lift it out I don't take it to classes or anywhere else because of the weight. So I have a small Janome that I can fit into my 'box on wheels' bought at Hampton Court Flower Show (UK). This will also accommodate my bag with material/thread/etc. It works for me!
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:42 AM

Poor baby. I feel your pain.
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your dear Bernina, I hope I never see my Berninas injured. Sure hope she can be fixed.
    They are like the Energizer bunny, they just keep going and going.
    :thumbup:
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 AM

Also I heard about a lady had her 830 wrapped in a seat belt and got into a accident and it went forward and cracked the screen and broke the nobs off! I was be very upset with that! Repair guy told me that the screen always get faced to the back so that don't happen! So learn something every day!
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:59 AM

OMG, what a story I feel for you. I have a Bernina 450 that is attached to me all the time if you know what I mean. It is my right hand person & no one touches it unless necessary. I had an extra one that I took to Church as we do "Project Linus" & 'World Relief' quilts & in the mean time my grandkids needed to use mine which was ok BUT, now, someone had donated us a machine for Church & my extra is back home for the GK's to use now. They can take away my TV but not the machines. I also have 2 Bernina sergers & love them, so FAST & QUICK for other projects.

I went to Wal-Mart & bought an inexpensive traveling piece of luggage (pink, of course) that you pull behind & put my Bernina in this (- the top cover that comes with it) so much easy to handle when you go some where & not having to lift it. My friends love this idea so they all bought luggage to. :) :thumbup:
    Old 09-08-2011, 04:10 AM

I completely understand your situation. My sister and I were traveling in Lancaster, PA and there were no elevators in our lodging so another guest offered to assist my sister and you know the rest of the story . . . Fortunately the machine did work during our vacation. The repairs were around $150.00. I keep my 1230 in my laundry room so I don't have far to carry it to the car for classes. My newer 440 lives in my upstairs sewing room.

I am a very loyal Atlanta Sewing Center customer also. I have always had excellent service and advise. I love my Berninas!!

Good Luck from a fellow GA quilter.
    Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by running1
    As Sandra-P said... our machines ARE a part of us!! so sorry this happened... hope it can be fixed... the thought of TWO Berninas is just dreamy! I still have my original 830 Record... college grad gift from parents and love it... despite the weight...

Would love to have a light-weight machine for on-the-go...
    I got the Janome Gem for that reason and then inherited my Featherweight. I take them both to classes etc. cause some girls are in the same boat.....too heavy machines.