Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My EQ8 Fun >
  • My EQ8 Fun

• My EQ8 Fun

Old 09-04-2019, 10:25 PM

Default My EQ8 Fun

I posted the other day that I had the EQ8 but was hesitant. Today I downloaded it and played all afternoon. I’m pretty computer savvy so I had me some fun. My sister has talked me into making her a Carpenters Wheel king size quilt for her bed. I’m working on that in the program. Glad I installed it. I enjoy the challenge. I’ve been retired on disability since 1997 when I was 37 yrs old. I need to challenge my brain more often. Keeps me awake and on my toes! But now its 11:30pm and my brain is churning through the program. Remember all, if you don’t use it you lose it! Trust me, my mom is the poster child for that statement. It’s very sad. I don’t live close to her but my sister does. I figure this quilt will be a nice gift for all she does for mom that I am unable to.
    Old 09-04-2019, 11:47 PM

Glad to hear you’re having a good time with EQ. I started with EQ6 and am now using EQ8. Like you, I really have fun playing with it. I’ll never sew all the designs I’ve drawn but they’ve really helped me to get a better understanding of color and contrast, as well as developing my personal style. As you mentioned, it can be a challenge and I also feel it’s a good brain exercise. Check out the On Point Quilter on YouTube. She has lots of tutorials.
    Old 09-05-2019, 12:09 AM

quiltsRfun, thanks for the tip about On Point Quilter on YouTube. I hope they have some tutorials for EQ6, which is what I have.
    Old 09-05-2019, 04:55 AM
    Power Poster

Glad you are enjoying EQ. I did not upgrade to 8, but use my EQ7 on a weekly basis after 7 years of using. Like quiltsRfun..many quilts I will never sew..but were fun to "make"
    Old 09-05-2019, 08:13 PM

I started with EQ2 I bought the program then bought my first computer, had never used one so try to image the learning curve I had, LOL did not even know how to turn off the computer, but I have up graded from two, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and eight, have had lots of fun with each.
    Old 09-06-2019, 05:16 AM
    Power Poster

I started EQ when it was on the little black disc and only on MS-DOS, no Windows. LOL I stopped at EQ7. It does everything I use it for, which the last few years has been converting patterns to paper piecing. I agree that the mind has to be used and challenged no matter how old you are. Also I think getting out and doing things is important too. I know one day I won't be able to get in my car and go where I want so I'm doing it now. I take day trips and weekend trips to what interests me, mostly quilt shows. DH is always invited of course but him not going doesn't stop me. I go alone. It really makes a difference to be excited and have expectations of adventure.