• My first trip home to America as a quilter >
  • My first trip home to America as a quilter

• My first trip home to America as a quilter

Old 05-28-2011, 06:18 AM

have you made a quilt for Sienna? pics?

have a great great time.
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Anael
    Oh I'm soooooooooo envious! The one and only QS here is very expensive, they do have a lot of fabric but nothing goes under about $ 18/yard. I don't want to spend that much money so I'm always looking for fabric in other places. I would love to go to a LQS, take a class and do all the fun stuff.

Can't you shop over there for me too? I have a huge wishlist :D
    I am so coming to the Netherlands when I get back! Hopefully I can finds some "deals" under $18 there. lol.
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
    have you made a quilt for Sienna? pics?

have a great great time.

I made two quilts for Si-Si so far. One is a small rag quilt with her name on it and the other is a "big girl" quilt my husband insisted I make becasue she was turning two. I will try to post pics.
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by DoraElizondo
    Welcome Home!!!Thoughts and prayers coming your way,have a wonderful time with loved ones. Thank-you for your service and may God bless you and yours always.

Thank you! I am so looking forward to coming back. I haven't been home in almost three years.
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:55 AM

All,
    I will be traveling on orders so I can bring up to 15 bags back with me as long as each and every one is within the standard airline regulation on weight/measurements. I can bring everything back to Afghanistan with me then turn around and send it home free. No postage either way. A win-win situation. I am going to hoard everything under my bed until my husband gets back to Germany then I am going to send everything to him. Meanwhile...I will knee deep in fabric. Also, I love love love fat quarters so I will be hitting all the stores for them. I only buy deep discounted FQs so wherever there is a sale I will be there. I get my big shot too!
    Old 05-28-2011, 07:00 AM

Erika, I'm so happy for you to be making your trip home...to see your grandbaby, who is getting so grown up...and secondly to go to a quilt show, visit quilt shops and see what all the quilt shops have to offer.

I don't know how long you will be in the US, but I'm sure every minute will be taken up on your schedule. Wish you would be coming to Cent. Missouri...I know a fabulous fabric/quilt shop about an hour from me. A very wide selection of fabrics, notions, etc. Most everything you would want in the line of quilting..

Enjoy your vacation...stay safe and have LOTS OF FUN!!!
    Old 05-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by applegramma
    Erika, I'm so happy for you to be making your trip home...to see your grandbaby, who is getting so grown up...and secondly to go to a quilt show, visit quilt shops and see what all the quilt shops have to offer.

I don't know how long you will be in the US, but I'm sure every minute will be taken up on your schedule. Wish you would be coming to Cent. Missouri...I know a fabulous fabric/quilt shop about an hour from me. A very wide selection of fabrics, notions, etc. Most everything you would want in the line of quilting..

Gosh! I'm not coming that way but maybe one day. My girlfriend and I are planning a road trip (think Oprah and Gayle) sometime next year. Maybe we will be on a raod near you!
    Enjoy your vacation...stay safe and have LOTS OF FUN!!!
    Old 05-28-2011, 07:07 AM

I live in Central OH and my favorite LQS is called the Red Rooster. It is in Dublin OH. (which is basically Columbus)
    They have a ton of fabric crammed into the shop. Alot of unique fabric. They also have a nice size 40% off section. They do have a website. You can google them Red Rooster Quilt shop dublin. OH. Oh and about 15 mins from there in a town called Marysville (just right upSt Rte 33) there is a little shop called Lone Star Quilt shop (They also have a website) She has more Batiks than I have ever seen in one place. I cant believe how many thousands of bolts of fabric she has crammed into her little shop..
    Have a ton of fun while you are here.
    Old 05-28-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by familyfun
    I live in Central OH and my favorite LQS is called the Red Rooster. It is in Dublin OH. (which is basically Columbus)
    They have a ton of fabric crammed into the shop. Alot of unique fabric. They also have a nice size 40% off section. They do have a website. You can google them Red Rooster Quilt shop dublin. OH. Oh and about 15 mins from there in a town called Marysville (just right upSt Rte 33) there is a little shop called Lone Star Quilt shop (They also have a website) She has more Batiks than I have ever seen in one place. I cant believe how many thousands of bolts of fabric she has crammed into her little shop..

Yup! I will be at both of these shops. I already got there names and locations. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Have a ton of fun while you are here.
    Old 05-28-2011, 07:13 AM

Have a great time!!!!