Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My GREAT Yard Sale, FW and Table >
  • My GREAT Yard Sale, FW and Table

• My GREAT Yard Sale, FW and Table

Old 04-22-2012, 07:13 AM

Good for you! That Featherweight and the table didn't deserve to be owned by someone who didn't know that they were so wonderful.
    Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 AM

Yep, I'd have done the same thing! Card table was more than worth the 50....... Great job!
    Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

hahahaaaaaaaa. now thats funny.. NO way would my hubby ever sell something that was mine- Hes not insensitive.. Not to mention his bass boat would be on craigslist in a heartbeat if he ever did!!!! lol... We dont know the whole tale ladies & gents- maybe the couple who originally bought it has a re-sale shop and they BOTH agreed to make a profit.. Maybe it was HIS hobby and the wife made claimes as to new ownership on his behalf... Either way you got a great deal.. and obviously it was meant for you to be the proud owners not them or he never would of showed up..
    Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM

AWESOME deal! And I'm nearly peeing my pants that you got a TABLE WITH IT!!!
    Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mighty
    Oh my gosh, what a great find!! Congrats!!!!
    DITTO Ditto wow oh wow what a deal. I don't think the wife even knew what she had bought or hubby would have been 6' under, and not able to show up to sale it to you. JMHO
    Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    I don't understand... did you go behind the wife's back and make a deal with the husband? I wouldn't feel right about this unless the wife was on board with the re-sale. I would have asked her, since she's the one who bought it.
    I took what you wrote this way too and I have to say if this is how it transpired...I think it was underhanded and unfair. If I were that wife I would be angry to the point of tears. Just sayin'.
    Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 PM

You coveted what was not yours! You went behind the wife's back by talking to her husband, in all probablity, knowing he didn't know what his wife had bought. You were sneaky, coniving and underhanded in what you did. It was just WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. You didn't go to the wife who bought the machine in the first place because you KNEW she got a bargain. You will answer for this. Hope you enjoy your machine, knowing you got it in such a deceitful manner.