Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My husband does not belive . . . >
  • My husband does not belive . . .

• My husband does not belive . . .

Old 01-18-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by betlinsmom
    Folks, "normal" is a setting on your washing machine and has Nothing to do with quilters!!!
    I love that explanation :-D :-D
    Old 01-18-2011, 04:45 PM

Four at the moment and want to finish them all before I start on another. Really, really tough to do.

And finishing is only because I'm probably moving soon. I've already packed up much of my stash so I'm not so tempted.

I can't work on just one at a time because I'll rush to finish and that's when I make mistakes. Sometimes I need to set one aside to contemplate my next step, and then I take up another one.

If I have one that has to be finished on a deadline, it gets my attention first. But the way I see it, it's all production so what's the difference?

My life is a WIP, my projects just reflect that - I grow with everything I create.
    Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 PM

I can't believe how many replies this got. I had to show my husband!!!
    Old 01-18-2011, 06:13 PM

I have 4. My Grandmother's flower garden is what I take with me. Will probably take me a year to finish. But that's ok.
    Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
    Power Poster

Yes, it is normal for an artist to work on many projects. I have about 5 I am actively working on (WIP) and probably another 10 plus that are kitted up or in partial progress and just waiting for the right time. (UFOs)
    Old 01-18-2011, 06:32 PM

I have lots of WIP's all over my sewing room. I had a quilting teacher who said her DH couldn't believe that we would buy all that material, cut it up and then sew it back together!
    Old 01-18-2011, 06:34 PM

If they only knew.
    Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Betty Ruth
    Originally Posted by cminor
    That having many quilts in process at once is normal for quilters. Back me up . .how many different projects do you have in some form of completion? :)
    I only have one currently in progress, but I have blocks cut for 25 or so, depending on the size of the quilt. Then,there are the two boxes labeled U.F.O. and Uncompleted Projects. I get those down every now and then to either add something or just to remind myself what's in them. I'd best do that soon, as it's been long enough that I've forgotten. There is also that Apple Core top. I finished the top 2 years ago and bought fabric for the back but don't know what do next. My hands have gotten so bad that I can't hand quilt and can't afford to have it done. I just remembered a UFO that won't fit in the box. I bought a half completed quilt top at a church rummage sale and have done nothing more with it.
    The next time someone asks you what you want for your birthday or Christmas... just pull one of those quilts out and say" pay to have this quilted"............................ see problem solved....
    Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    Originally Posted by Betty Ruth
    Originally Posted by cminor
    That having many quilts in process at once is normal for quilters. Back me up . .how many different projects do you have in some form of completion? :)
    I only have one currently in progress, but I have blocks cut for 25 or so, depending on the size of the quilt. Then,there are the two boxes labeled U.F.O. and Uncompleted Projects. I get those down every now and then to either add something or just to remind myself what's in them. I'd best do that soon, as it's been long enough that I've forgotten. There is also that Apple Core top. I finished the top 2 years ago and bought fabric for the back but don't know what do next. My hands have gotten so bad that I can't hand quilt and can't afford to have it done. I just remembered a UFO that won't fit in the box. I bought a half completed quilt top at a church rummage sale and have done nothing more with it.
    The next time someone asks you what you want for your birthday or Christmas... just pull one of those quilts out and say" pay to have this quilted"............................ see problem solved....
    Interesting idea.
    Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 PM

Well, let's see...I have 3 tops almost finished, 1 in the middle of quilting, 1 blocks cut but not sewn, and about a half dozen kits stashed under my desk...