Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My Juki died >
  • My Juki died

• My Juki died

Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 AM

Toverly, I sure hope you get a happy ending to your story!

my Juki has made it home, though I've not sewn on it yet.

Turns out it was a bent/dirty disk that rides between sensors in the back of the machine. My (non-juki authorized) tech call Juki and they gave him things to look for, and this was one of them. He straighted and cleaned it and says it works fine now. He told me that if it starts acting up again he'll order that part and replace it. He gave me a discount on this repair bill as he's not sure it will be permanent.

So if the original authorized Juki dealer I took it to would have actually talked to Juki before bailing, he should have been able to fix it too. Juki told me they do not require their dealers to work on any machine they don't sell, even if it's completely out of warrenty. I accept that the guy had full right to refuse to work on my machine, however he did it in such a rude way that it insures I won't darken his doorstep for anything ever.

It does seem the moral of the store is finding a service place that is willing to go the extra mile to satisfy customers. Juki corporate seems to be very willing to solve problems and keep happy customers. So I don't have to toss out my "I love Juki" buttons, and that makes me very happy.

I seriously love my Juki 2010.

And for all you other Juki 2010 owners, my service tech told me to stop oiling the back end of the machine as much. the Manual says to add one drop of oil to the oil points every 8 hours of use. He said the back end (holes near the bobbin winder) don't need that much and that may be what helped cause my problem. He did say to keep oiling the front end as I've been doing.
    Old 08-24-2018, 05:06 AM
    Power Poster

Macybaby, thanks for that tip. I didn't know it.
    Old 08-24-2018, 06:27 AM

Thanks Macybaby, that is helpful. Time will tell. If this one is done for, I will definitely try to find a more helpful service person. I will purchase one again. Just not from this dealer.
    Old 08-24-2018, 10:02 AM

that's so good to hear! I know when I got my 2010 and it had the squeek problem with walking foot and I emailed the Juki corporate guy and he sent me 2 new screws priority shipping! I was very pleased.

I do wish they'd come out with an open toe walking foot though, I use the Janome high shank one cause I can't see anything with the Juki walking foot.
    Old 08-24-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby

And for all you other Juki 2010 owners, my service tech told me to stop oiling the back end of the machine as much. the Manual says to add one drop of oil to the oil points every 8 hours of use. He said the back end (holes near the bobbin winder) don't need that much and that may be what helped cause my problem. He did say to keep oiling the front end as I've been doing.
    i will keep that in mind! it seems they need to have their Juki repair techs at corporate write the manual!
    Old 08-24-2018, 03:03 PM

Thanks for that info, MacyBaby. I'm needing to oil my 2200 QVP Mini after my guide class on Tues (finally getting to take it!) and I'll keep that in mind.