Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My latte is finished and I no longer have any excuses! >
  • My latte is finished and I no longer have any excuses!

• My latte is finished and I no longer have any excuses!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:24 AM

I read everything first thing in the morning, and then I get up to read periodically while sewing during the day so I get away from the machine to stretch.
    Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 AM
    Power Poster

I need to clean today, but here I sit on the board. Once I'm here I just don't want to leave.
    Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 AM

I was already browsing the board at 6:30 this morning, son up way toooo early this morning. got the kids breakfast. watered and picked my garden then went to parents house to let dog out, water and pick my moms garden and drove 15 min both ways to check on my grandma. now heating stove to make lunch for kids. can't wait for nap time. now all i need to do is clean kitchen, do 3 loads of laundry, clean living room and bedrooms. just thinking about it is depressing me. when do i get to sew? hopefully dd will help clean up toys that are thrown everywhere. not likely being 2 years old. but maybe if i hope agenst hope right?
    Old 07-01-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
    I read everything first thing in the morning, and then I get up to read periodically while sewing during the day so I get away from the machine to stretch.
    This is what I do too! I am on for a while a few times during the day. I use it to take a break from whatever else I am doing :D
    Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 AM

My husband comes home from work and offers take out for supper when he knows I've been "on a roll" and forgot about everything else. What a sweetie.
    Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 AM

I am supposed to be cleaning and packing for a road trip we are taking for the weekend. (Sigh) I can clean all night and sleep on the way. LOL!
    Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by jetnica
    Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by Lori L
    Does anyone else have this problem?? I really don't want to leave the QB and get ready for work! LOL I allow myself a peak in the morning while I drink my latte (or 2) and all it makes me do is want to call in sick and spend the day quilting! OMG, I hope my boss isn't on this board. :)
    :lol: :lol: :lol: You should retire like I did. Then you can spend more time on the board. Priorities, Girl, priorities!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    OMG -- if only! I can retire in 27 more years. hooray for summer though -- if only everyone would stop planning stuff for me to do/be in charge of "it's summer what else are you doing?" answer: "QUILTING!" =) =) =)

You have got to be in the educational field if folks are asking you "what else do you have to do in the summer?" I have several friends who ALWAYS get fired up by that statement. :) Unfortunately, nursing is a 24/7 job and you work weekends and holidays. I'd still rather deal with trauma than teach school anyday. LOL And....I have another 25yrs before retirement. Great thought though. I am definately going to spend all my time quilting. By then....I'll have a stash worthy of a million quilts, a longarm, the perfect quilting studio, a serger, an embroider......what else do I want??
    Old 07-01-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by Lori L
    Does anyone else have this problem?? I really don't want to leave the QB and get ready for work! LOL I allow myself a peak in the morning while I drink my latte (or 2) and all it makes me do is want to call in sick and spend the day quilting! OMG, I hope my boss isn't on this board. :)
    :lol: :lol: :lol: You should retire like I did. Then you can spend more time on the board. Priorities, Girl, priorities!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I totally agree !!!!!! Pat
    Old 07-02-2010, 05:01 AM

I know! I've been here an hour already, and SHOULD be doing.....!!
    Old 07-02-2010, 05:16 AM

I live alone (2 dogs, 2 cats) and can pretty well do as I please which is read the QB. I check early at 6:30 and then out to garden for an hour. Anytime later and you die of the heat. Then I check the QB again while I have a cuppa and decide which is more important, scrub the floors or quilt. Today I must scrub. But I'll be back!