Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My new AccuQuilt Go >
  • My new AccuQuilt Go

• My new AccuQuilt Go

Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM

I love mine! It was a gift from my dgtr and every time I use it I text her to tell her how wonderful it is to have. I have picked up all my dies at 25% off at JoAnn fabrics
    Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I love mine..I have most of the dies. And I go thru mats QUICKLY.. So I keep a backup for my backups..
    Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by shirleyt
    I lov mine . I have the 21/2 inches strips and the small rag quilt dies. My 7 and 12 year old grandson love turning the handle
    I love my Go too. I got mine for christmas. But one thing I don't like, is when I do my 2 1/2 strips the fabric on either end does not get cut all the way thourgh. I think the die is too short. Does this happen to you?
    Old 02-18-2011, 10:12 PM

I use fabric folded selvage to selvage and it cuts all the way across. I wonder if maybe your fabric is wider than 44"? Or maybe the selvages aren't all the way together?

I have noticed that the fabric tends to scoot while it's being cut. So I line up the end going in pretty carefully and smooth it down a couple of times and it moves down a bit but it always cuts all the way.
    Old 02-18-2011, 10:15 PM

Thanks for info about cutting the strips ... I have had the same problem.
    Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by gale
    I use fabric folded selvage to selvage and it cuts all the way across. I wonder if maybe your fabric is wider than 44"? Or maybe the selvages aren't all the way together?

I have noticed that the fabric tends to scoot while it's being cut. So I line up the end going in pretty carefully and smooth it down a couple of times and it moves down a bit but it always cuts all the way.
    The fabric 'scoots' when its being stretched..Avoid stretching the fabric as it passes under the roller as it will distort your cuts.. Use starch to stabilize your fabric or use less layers..
    Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 PM

it might be stretching a little but since there's no cut at the ends, it doesn't seem to bother it any. No amount of starch would make it not scoot. It might be worse since it's cross-cut but with the strip dies, it really hasn't been an issue for me.
    Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 PM

btw the strip doesn't end up being any longer than the width of the fabric. I checked.
    Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM
    Power Poster

I don't pre-starch my fabrics before using the strip cutter but I always don't pre-wash, so the fabric does have a little body to it when I run it through.

With the strip cutters, I have learned to stop about one-third of the way through to lift up the mat and pull the fabric straight. I do this again about two-thirds of the way through. Most of my fabrics are cut cross-grain, so I think the roller stretches the fabric as it goes through. Anyway, if I don't do this I find creases "ironed" into my strips and I don't like that. As long as I do the straightening, they come out perfectly!