Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My New Sewing 'Studio' :) >
  • My New Sewing 'Studio' :)

• My New Sewing 'Studio' :)

Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee
    I LOVE ya'lls quilting rooms. I am still steadily working on mine. My poor DH is like..."you just started quilting in July and you want to dedicate a whole room to it...are you sure?" OH YES I DO!!! He has been great though! We got all the painting done, everything moved in and are starting the design wall today!!! I just can't wait til I can post some pictures :D
    I can't wait either!!!
    Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM

I LOVE ya'lls quilting rooms. I am still steadily working on mine. My poor DH is like..."you just started quilting in July and you want to dedicate a whole room to it...are you sure?" OH YES I DO!!! He has been great though! We got all the painting done, everything moved in and are starting the design wall today!!! I just can't wait til I can post some pictures :D
    Lucky...A design wall. I don't have room for one, but I keep peeking in my daughter's room again, I've taken her closet how about a wall too....LOL
    Old 11-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
    Lucky...A design wall. I don't have room for one, but I keep peeking in my daughter's room again, I've taken her closet how about a wall too....LOL
    I sure don't see anything wrong with that!!! What better way to utilize it???
    Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 PM

I want to come too!
    Old 11-07-2010, 02:07 PM

oh, who asked, sorry..i'm in ipswich, just west of brissie..where are you fellow upside-downer?.. :)[/quote]

Bingo! I live on the north side of Brisbane but born and bred in Ipswich. Still have family there.
    Old 11-07-2010, 05:52 PM

Beth I love your studio and so nice and clean, a girl after my own heart. I bet you get alot accomplished in that beautiful rm and have a very understanding Honey to boot.
    Yes we must count our lucky stars.
    Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
    Originally Posted by sistermadge
    Where did the cute scissors on the wall come from Featherweight?
    Would you believe me if I told you that all the stuff hanging on the wall except the quilts, I found at different thrift stores. When I started decorating my studio, I just kept finding this neat sewing stuff. I just could'nt resist any of it. I have so much stuff on the walls that I don't have room for my design wall.
    Beth I was going to comment that you were very smart to leave rm on your walls for your quilts..lol I too love to find my sewing rm decor in thrift shops and now my walls are so full of decor no rm to hang quilts....aren't we ladies funny lil creaters.
    Old 11-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
    Originally Posted by sistermadge
    Where did the cute scissors on the wall come from Featherweight?
    Would you believe me if I told you that all the stuff hanging on the wall except the quilts, I found at different thrift stores. When I started decorating my studio, I just kept finding this neat sewing stuff. I just could'nt resist any of it. I have so much stuff on the walls that I don't have room for my design wall.
    Beth I was going to comment that you were very smart to leave rm on your walls for your quilts..lol I too love to find my sewing rm decor in thrift shops and now my walls are so full of decor no rm to hang quilts....aren't we ladies funny lil creaters.
    Well I may be taking one down so I can hang a design wall. Bought a 42" shade that I want to attach flannel to and hang it. Then when I need to put blocks up to view I can pull down the shade. When I don't need it down I can put it back up out of the way.
    Old 11-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
    Beth I love your studio and so nice and clean, a girl after my own heart. I bet you get alot accomplished in that beautiful rm and have a very understanding Honey to boot.
    Yes we must count our lucky stars.
    I love to spend time there. I put everything away at the end of the day. I DO NO LIKE to start the next day of with a cluttered room. It doesn't take but a few minutes to pick up.
    Old 11-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by trif
    Oh my what an amazing room you have. If I show up on your front porch don't let me in because I will never want to leave! It's so inviting, makes me want to pull up a chair and start quilting. Enjoy your room, I know I would.
    Well up until a month ago you would have had a place to sleep. I took the daybed out and opened my cutting table up. Wow, that sure gave me more room. Decided the grandkids are all grown and wouldn't be comeing to spend the night anymore, and if they did they could pull out the sofa bed.
    Beth I have one guest rm left and boy there are days it would be sooo tempting to take it over...lol Keep telling my honey if we get company, which is very rare we have lots of nice hotels close by..lol